Hacking M3DS Real Perfect not saving GBA games...

SamSwashbuckler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can I have an example of a game that definitely does work with patch saving, and the exact settings/procedure to use to make sure that my system is functioning correctly? I suspect it might not be...

I don't know how to use the RTS system at all since there's no instructions or manual or anything...All I've figured out is L+R+B+A opens the "special effect menu" which has save, load and restart. Are there multiple 'save slots'? It doesn't work very reliably at all from what I've tried so far, so I wouldn't want to use it as a main save method with only one slot...

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SamSwashbuckler said:
Can I have an example of a game that definitely does work with patch saving to make sure that my system is functioning correctly?

As for the RTS, are there multiple 'save slots'? I don't know how to use the RTS system at all since there's no instructions or manual or anything...

I know super mario advance save works, and wario land 4
just complete the first level then start and save, then reload it and check

also on how to use RTS (taken from the website)

QUOTERTS Steps:
======
1. Make sure the "gba expansion pak" has been inserted.
2. Select the "enable" from the "instant save" option after selecting the game.
3. Press "A+B+L+R" while playing the game to call "instant save menu".

SamSwashbuckler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I fired up Super Mario Advance in Patch mode (it had the original Mario Bros and Super Mario 2), chose Super Mario 2, beat a stage, tried to 'save and quit', and it said something about the save data being corrupt before the screen went solid white...

Back to the RTS, I already knew everything those miniscule instructions describe, but can you get multiple savestate slots? a single one is not very useful.

sotu1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure which games will work and which don't work (I've only tried castlevania aria of sorrow, mario advance and street fighter ) but I would suggest leaving it on charge overnight, that's what I did. Also, when you save, try turning your NDS off and on again straight away. apparently the save goes from the flash memory to the SD memory or something (can't remember, but this is what my supplier said to me). and it's also worth trying both fast and patch loading for the roms, and running them without cheats or RTS (experiment, see what works and what doesnt)

SamSwashbuckler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well that's the problem, I've tried lots, and nothing seems to work, so I think it may be a faulty piece of equipment somehow, so I want to know something very specific that works to see if I can recreate it or not. You mentioned Castlevania sotu1, so I'll try that.

Edit: I left 0997 - Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow (E) (M3).gba running last night (cheat switch off, rtsave disabled, method patch), and this morning when I tried to save it, it didn't give any error message, but it didn't say "Game Saved" or anything like that either, and then after power cycling there was no game to load.

airpirate545

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for bringing up an old topic but something is seriously wrong with my GBA Expansion. I think it is different from other people's problems so I don't think the overnight charge will work. My GBA Expansion wasn't always like this but now when I load any GBA game and try to save it usually gives me a message along the lines of failed to save or something like that. It still loads GBA games fine so I was hoping there was a way to fix it before considering a new expansion. Thanks for your attention.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi had my footlong meatball special
    +1
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: