Hacking m3ds real gba problems

rdurbin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the m3ds real bundle that includes the rumble pack and gba pack. I have a normal Nintendo DS, so I had to take out the gba expansion chip and stick it into another gba cart so it would work with my Nintendo DS. Compability seems to be hit or miss, more often miss. Only certain games seem to work like pokemon, aladdin and a few others. Most of my other games freeze at the Gameboy advance boot screen. I also have a g6 lite, it seems you can use this in place of the gba cart, the m3ds detects it as a slot 2 cart. It fails and works on the same exact games. I do not think its the roms because they work fine in various emulators that I tried on my pc and psp. All nds games are working perfectly

Anyone have an issue like this or know how to fix it. I also have the newest firmware for the m3ds real

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Let me get this straight. You took the insides of the GBA expansion and put them in a normal GBA cart? Is that right? If it is, then it may have trouble reading the memory or something. I really don't know much.

rdurbin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
g6team said:
Please be sure that the games have not been previously patched before.

im pretty sure they are all unpatched, except for a few that have translations on them. It seems all the gba pokemon titles work for some wierd reason, metroid fusion works but zero mission does not, its bassically hit or miss, about 90% of the gba games that I have tried, fail. Its not to big of an issue tho, I have a psp with gba roms on it and it works well enough. Mainly got the card for ds games, but would of been nice to have gba and nds on one cart.

Also I am pretty sure I didnt wreck anything by moving it to a gba cart as it fit perfectly and the Nintendo DS and m3ds real detect the cart. Also as I mentioned before, the G6LITE slot 2 card, works with m3ds, with the exact same compability. This may be useful for people that have the NDS PHAT and an old g6lite. It does not work with my old f2a ultra cart tho.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apparently there was something wrong with my roms. I download a torrent filled with 2700 gba roms, and all the ones I tried worked perfectly, using my old g6lite as a ram cart. So I guess ignore what i said earlier :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!