Hacking m3 sd & FTP

sk0ld

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have recently bought a m3 lite, and since then I've found removing the sd and adapter to be a hassle. One of the first pieces of homebrew I started searching for was a ftp server. I found 2, combox, and dsftp, and in both cases, I am able to save large files to my pc with both servers with no problems at all. The problems start when I try sending anything larger than a 256k file to my ds. After the file supposedly transfers, the server quacks, and upon restarting the server and client, the only thing saved to the sd is a 0 byte file. Now because both servers behave so similarly regarding this situation, I suspect the dldi driver is at fault, but I wanted to hear some others experiences with ftp and the m3 sd's before I try to contact either chishm , or their support. (danny?)

sk0ld

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Common people, try it out. You can't all be happy with the way you're currently accessing files on the sd. I know I'm not the only person on this board with a slot2 m3 sd.
Another program you could try is DSOrgranize. It'd be a good idea to backup your files first. Try moving some files around, downloading the from the homebrew database, etc. anything that involves writing to the card. Then please post your results.
I want to know if it's my m3, formatting, or sd card (kingston japan 2G) to blame, and not the dldi drivers.

http://giesler.biz/~bjoern/en/sw_dsftp.html
http://masterlilou.wordpress.com/
http://www.dragonminded.com

crazyshiza

Trophies
XP
Country
I use dsftp with my m3 perfect lite without problems. I don't use it for big files because it's too slow but files that are a few megabytes in size have given me no problem.

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
DSFTP works fine on my M3Perfect Lite, however, don't try sending tons of files at once, because it'll run out of sockets for some reason.

sk0ld

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
..Well now I'm thinking it's my card that's to blame.
Just to set the record straight, you're using the latest dsftp (2.5)
.nds version patched with chishm's dldi driver, from root, launched with start?
FAT16 or 32?
You might as well list the sd cards and ftp clients you're using as well.

It's odd that the dldi tester will pass all tests, and that's writing a 1M file, much larger than I've failed to write with any other program. I can also save and run larger files downloaded from the DSOrganize database when the dso executable is patched with the alt version dldi driver (move,copy,rename browser functions are still broken) but again when I try it with chishm's, it'll save a 0 byte file. Neither of the ftp servers will start when patched with the alt version.

sk0ld

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I borrowed a 1G kingston japan from a friend, and had pretty much the same results. The only differences I noted, were that the patched DSO would only sometimes start, and that a patched DSFTP would restart my m3 after connecting to the AP.. and would only really "work" when I launched the file through DSO. I still couldn't save a 3M file. I suppose the silver lining is that I am getting differences with the cards. I just ordered a 2G sandisk premier, but I'd still like you guys to list the details of your setup. I should also mention that I'm using a launch ds, and starting my m3 with flashme forceboot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu