Hacking M3-Sakura-Real-iTouch Triple Boot *English Edition* Is Here!

Cornomaniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsrules said:
cuz there's no softrest function in Sakura, and triple boot need to use Sakura to boot
I'm really new to all this emulation stuff, and I've been using the previous version of the m3 real firmware.
I love the soft reset; is there any chance that m3 sakura will have it down the line?

Also, why do I have to turn the DS off every time I change the settings of a game? I find it pretty inconvenient that I need to constantly turn my DS on and off.

Just some questions from a first-timer

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hdofu said:
is their alot involved in modifying files before updating the m3 firmware (which seems to be updated almost every other day) when used with this tripple boot configuration? I took a stab at doing it myself and when the m3 firmware loaded it at first looked like it was working then the bottom screen disappeared.
No, not a lot - but it helps if you know what you are doing with ARM dis/assembly. I can't say I'd do it myself, too many gaps in my assembly knowledge meaning it would be very tedious and I'd learn little from it.

That bit that loads at first is built into the M3, try without your SD card at all and see what loads (even without SD, it always loads something - which is going to try load firmware from the SD card.)

Cornomaniac: we can only hope that these region hacks won't make them stop developing the firmware. Then I'd have to call them babies as well as hypocrites
frown.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Cornomaniac said:
dsrules said:
cuz there's no softrest function in Sakura, and triple boot need to use Sakura to boot
I'm really new to all this emulation stuff, and I've been using the previous version of the m3 real firmware.
I love the soft reset; is there any chance that m3 sakura will have it down the line?

Also, why do I have to turn the DS off every time I change the settings of a game? I find it pretty inconvenient that I need to constantly turn my DS on and off.

Just some questions from a first-timer
Sakura will probably get soft-reset in some time, there has been no official info on that, but Sakura is a new firmware, and as every new developed application or program, it needs to get bug fixes, upgrades, updates and everything....Don't worry about that..
You have to turn off your NDS, because there is no soft-reset at the point! The whole game loader is like a sub-program in Sakura, and they haven't find a way to get back to the file browsing once you go into configuration, it's a bit annoying, but it is how it its at the time..

If you have more questions, just write.....
smile.gif

Sanoblue

The Fuzzy Blue Woof!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has r4 sakura gotten rom support yet? been trying to edit file here myself to get it working but having no luck making roms run... gettin them to boot but no luck on actual running of the roms... gettin black or white screen

gunns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question,
sorry Im new here,

but is this the latest firmware for the m3 sakura?

or is their another one thats newer?

and also, where do we copy our roms to, in the system folder? Or do we make up a new folder
cheers

gunns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, quick suggestion,
what I think might be a good idea to the powers that be, for any future update perhaps

1. Pdf format accessible,
2. mp4 video format.
3. Flac format

I think these 3 would be awsome to have..

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
gunns said:
Ok, quick suggestion,
what I think might be a good idea to the powers that be, for any future update perhaps

1. Pdf format accessible,
i think adobe protects their pdf file format a bit too much for m3team to build their own viewer.
but they did include a PDF file clone, .ipk files which function like pdf files.

2. mp4 video format.
the DS can barely play miniature sized customized mpeg-2 files, so don't expect mp4 to work.
3. Flac format
don't know about this, but i bet it's either a case of "who the *** uses it?" or the DS can't handle it.

I think these 3 would be awsome to have..

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It looks like there's less support for the iTouch triple loader... But if you can do it yourself(there is also a slightly outdated version to download), look somewhere starting here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=90400&st=30
There are also a few patching tools, hints, and guides on how to do it.

Apparently this triple loader works with iTouch?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
sanoblue said:
has r4 sakura gotten rom support yet? been trying to edit file here myself to get it working but having no luck making roms run... gettin them to boot but no luck on actual running of the roms... gettin black or white screen
there's no such thing as R4sakura.
it's the dldi-hacked version of m3sakura, and don't expect it to ever support commercial roms.
rudolph did the hacking, and he already gave up on the dldi-version of m3sakura on request from m3team.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I was just about to write that there's no thing as R4 Sakura, when I saw you already did that thedicemaster..
You can keep trying sanoblue, but I doubt you'll be able to pull it trough..I think it needs some programing skills to make it work on other carts..

chiyaaka

Trophies
XP
Country
so is this triple boot only for m3ds only? i have the feeling it is cause it wont work on my itouch..
if so, how would i get it to work?
wacko.gif

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to compile a triple boot package that doesn't reset settings for those who already have one or all of these firmwares installed?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
i copied all the files to my itouch but it loaded the itouch firmware not m3sakura!

is the boot.eng included in the package wrong?

EDIT: it is wrong!!!
I had to convert m3sakura into boot.eng for my iTouch.

NOW another problem!!!
Commercial roms are working fine but all the homebrews seem to not be booting properly, freezing on the loading screen etc.

enry_dust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OSW said:
i copied all the files to my itouch but it loaded the itouch firmware not m3sakura!

is the boot.eng included in the package wrong?
yes it's only for M3 Real
you need this one --> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D7KKN0KN

by the way the triple boot, for me, work only with M3 japanese firmware.
Anybody can confirm this?
is it possible to run english m3 firmware on itouchDS?

hdofu

Trophies
Website
www.wikitsune.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
NOW another problem!!!
Commercial roms are working fine but all the homebrews seem to not be booting properly, freezing on the loading screen etc.

even using the m3 real firmware (not sakura)? And if so, did they work before because very little firmware I've encountered works in sakura.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I created an m3sakura boot.eng for itouchDS using the english hacked firmware.

All works fine EXCEPT homebrew! most freeze on the loading screen (the "now processing" or something.. blue screen) and DSO freezes on a white screen.

alfatreze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I really appreciate all the hard work done by so many people to bring this wonderful firmware and Triple boot hack to the "masses".

Still, ... it's a bit confusing since some things seem not to work properly.

I have a newly aquired iTouch DS, along with an 8Gb Sandisk SDHC card, and no Triple Boot compiled version so far has worked properly.

I found a different boot.eng in a post that has a much higher size 518kb against almost 50kb for the original loader. Although it now boots sakura, and 1.8 itouch DS, M3Real locks at loading. And Sakura does not boot homebrew aswell.

It would be awesome if someone who as followed this for longer than me and has a bit of experience to compile all the information in a single clean topic, the things working and not working for at least all the M3 Carts. M3Real and ITDS.

I'm not even sure, as well as many other lost souls, if all these versions are supposed to only work with the M3Real or the ITDS aswell.

I'll be testing thorougly all the files I land hands on, but any help that clears the confusion would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Yeet the cat.