M3 Real, Save file format error.

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by PettingZoo, Sep 17, 2009.

Sep 17, 2009
  1. PettingZoo
    OP

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    For a while now my grey (US/EU) M3 Real has been giving me a save file format error around 90% of the time I play a game I haven't played before, resulting in me having to search the download sections and the internet or ask a fellow temper for a save file which I can convert and then use so I can get into the game. I never had this problem with my white (Chinese) M3 Real cart which I have misplaced, though I haven't really been using it because it isn't compatible with Sakura 1.41. In short, is there a way for me to fix this? I've already reformatted my 4gb microSD cart a few times and installing different firmwares if that helps.

2. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Are you using the sd card reader that came with your M3? If so don't use that some older models have been known to corrupt micro sd cards (don't think that's true with newer models and the m3i zero but it sounds like the grey one is a little older).

3. PettingZoo
    OP

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Nah, when I bought it from Oz Mod Chips they packaged it with a different black one. I've tried it with other microSD cards (1gb and 2gb) using other card readers and also an SD adapter in the SD slot on my computer [​IMG]. So the microSD isn't corrupted. I'm wondering if it is the flashcart itself?