Diablodj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a simple questtion for confirmation:

Im about to purchase an M3 DS Real, but i already have a slot2 M3 Lite for my GBA games.

If i buy only the DS Real (without the proprietary GBA card that comes with it) will this cause any sort of issues? such as the DS Real not being able to switch to my slot2 M3 lite?

I think it should be able to, but i'm not sure.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Diablodj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Despite mine being a different slot2 card than the GBA one that comes with the DS Real (perfect bundle) ?

Thanks mate
smile.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the built in gba function is for the expansion pak only
the m3 real flashes the rom from the slot-1 microSD to the slot-2 pak

the m3 lite cant do this since it has its own microsd card and OS, so just boot it to the slot-2 card and it will work just as if you had a passme or something in it

the m3 lite most performs a lot better then the expansion pak but for people like me who didnt want to spend m3 lite perfect $70+microsd card to play gba games it works fine

Giho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a m3 perfect and it works perfect with m3 reals build in gba function. i didn't need to flash it or anything. I have a M3 real (Bp3E), 8GB sandisc micro sdhc and a M3 Perfect, 2GB sandisc micro sd. And I dont have to boot slot 2 to play gba, it's very handy. Now I only need a program that can access and use the data in my m3 perfect, and i'm pleased.
bow.gif
dsfile is not enough
rolleyes.gif

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giho said:
I have a m3 perfect and it works perfect with m3 reals build in gba function. i didn't need to flash it or anything. I have a M3 real (Bp3E), 8GB sandisc micro sdhc and a M3 Perfect, 2GB sandisc micro sd. And I dont have to boot slot 2 to play gba, it's very handy. Now I only need a program that can access and use the data in my m3 perfect, and i'm pleased.
bow.gif
dsfile is not enough
rolleyes.gif

I can back this up 100%. And to access files on the M3 Lite, patch Moonshell with the M3 Lite DLDI file, then disable the patching function using DLDIrc, found here. Just to warn you though, this method does not show files on a MicroSDHC in the M3 Lite, only standard MicroSD.

shiroitaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do you have to do anything to the m3 lite to get it to load the GBA games?? i have put my roms in a GBA folder on the Reals sd card but everytime it goes to load castlevania it locks up on the gameboy screen or straight after i click start in m3 real menu!

Giho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I doesn't have to do anything with my m3 perfect(not sure if same as lite) to load gba games from m3 real. I haven't tested castlevania, but I have tried other games like tactics ogre, ffa tactics, the kirby games and fire emblem series without problem.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shiroitaka said:
Do you have to do anything to the m3 lite to get it to load the GBA games?? i have put my roms in a GBA folder on the Reals sd card but everytime it goes to load castlevania it locks up on the gameboy screen or straight after i click start in m3 real menu!
you should boot into slot 2 mode in the main menu
should look like 2 squares with arrows going back and forth

the m3 lite has its own firmware and loading system for roms
the built in one is for expansion paks, that just hold one rom and erase it after its turned off while saving stuff to the slot-1 microsd card

shiroitaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just wondered if the m3 real would recognise it as a expansion pack as the inbuilt gba loader in the lite has a very small file limit meaning most of the good games wont work
frown.gif
seems as if the lite as a expansion pack has exactly the same limits i got tetris worlds running but the bigger roms such as castlev and poke all froze on the gba logo screen
frown.gif

Another option how good are the EZflash 3in1 V carts? do they support all roms? and if so what do you need to get them to work... sorry for all the questions

Giho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
shiroitaka said:
you should boot into slot 2 mode in the main menu
should look like 2 squares with arrows going back and forth

the m3 lite has its own firmware and loading system for roms
the built in one is for expansion paks, that just hold one rom and erase it after its turned off while saving stuff to the slot-1 microsd card

Yes, the built in is made for the gba expansion pak, but you can use the m3 perfect as an gba expansion pack (as I have said some times now) because it works for me.

QUOTE(shiroitaka @ May 21 2008, 09:25 AM)
Just wondered if the m3 real would recognise it as a expansion pack as the inbuilt gba loader in the lite has a very small file limit meaning most of the good games wont work
frown.gif
seems as if the lite as a expansion pack has exactly the same limits i got tetris worlds running but the bigger roms such as castlev and poke all froze on the gba logo screen
frown.gif

Another option how good are the EZflash 3in1 V carts? do they support all roms? and if so what do you need to get them to work... sorry for all the questions
Yes, you should be able to use the m3 lite as a gba expansion pak with the inbuilt loader in m3 real. I have even tested castlevania and it works fine, no freze. I have even tested te biggest gba games without problem. I have also tested without my 2GB sd card in my m3 perfect and it still works, the sd card doesn't seem to have any effect. I can also use my m3 perfect as a memory expansion pak. for example ds browser. and other games and homebrews that support it.

shiroitaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its definatly limited i think 32bit ones play fine 64 or 128 all seem to freeze using the gba loader in m3 real tried both patch and fast load oh well have to find a 3in1 or a gba expansion pack ... wonder where ships to UK ....

shiroitaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YodaJM said:
Can the M3 Lite be used for GBA NDS linked games like Pokemon or Band Bros?

if its the crappy m3 lite pro i have then no it will only load up gba files of 4mb or under... (almost no good games
frown.gif
)
apparently yes if its the perfect... oh well time to get a ez flash or try find a gba expansion for the real that ships to uk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1