M3 Real GBA Expansion Slot Problem

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by sephiaya, Jul 11, 2009.

Jul 11, 2009
  1. sephiaya

Newcomer sephiaya Member

Aug 12, 2006
    Hi guys

I am running a M3 real with an official 4gb sandisk card and recently purchased a M3 GBA Expansion slot.

I have been playing zelda minish cap on gba and recently when i turned on the ds and loaded it up the save file had disappeared. This recently happened to my girlfriend (on her m3 real expansion) and wanted to know what could have caused it and how can i stop this from happening again.

Any help would be awesome as i am not too scared to play a gba game LOL.

Thanks guys
  2. Archimdae

Member Archimdae GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2008
    United States
    First of all, there are answers all over the forum about this topic if you just do some digging Before posting questions (After all thats why they keep threads around!). But anyway, chances are it has to do with the way the GBA Expansion saves. It doesn't actually save the game data to your sd card until you turn off and then back on your DS. So whenever you are done playing a GBA game, save, turn off your ds, then turn it back on and let the m3 menu load. When turning it back on it transfers the save from the GBA Expansion to the actual m3. If you remove the Expansion before this is done, you lose that last save you made.