Hacking M3 Real case is falling apart...

Shbek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I've had my M3 real for about a week and a half. I'm liking it (thought the GUI SUCKS compared to my R4, really hoping for some updates that fix that). My problem? The casing is cracking. Badly. On the backside, there's a long crack from where the microSD goes, nearly down to where the conector pins are. Then there's one starting on the upper left corner. I put some wannabie superglue on the cracks, and it has slowed the down from what I can tell.

Anyone else had this probem? I got it from Realhotstuff.com, think they would send me a new one? I'm also considering buying like, Ping Pals or another cheap game, taking it apart, modding the casing, and throwing the M3 Real innards in there. Has anyone done this? I'm afraid that if I try to take M3 Real casing apart, its going to break and won't be able to go back together. Will the M3 chip fit into another cart?

Any other thoughts as to what I can do? Thanks guys.

heliuscc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mine also has some white stress arks on the back of the casing. These new flashcarts don't seem to have the build quality of the old R4 except maybe the acekard RPG

Shbek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... I wouldn't mind stress marks, but mine's cracking like crazy. I loved the quality of the R4.... You could probably step on one and it would be fine. The M3 Real on the other hand, I've babied and its messed up after less than two weeks. Gah.

nitro2k01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No stress marks or anything like that yet, but I also noticed that the thing doesn't feel 100% stable. (Little cracking sounds when inserting/removing the microSD card or the M3 itself)
I try to use the dsftp whenever I can to transfer files, but it's a buggy program that hangs quite often and has a slow transfer speed. (Even though the DS' wireless circuit is limited to 2 MBit/s=250 kBytes/s, I never get past 60 kBytes/s)
But I'm waiting patiently for the day when it will fall apart.
wink2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a