M3 Real and Cyclops questions

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by TrainerAbu, Jun 25, 2008.

Jun 25, 2008
  1. TrainerAbu
    OP

Member TrainerAbu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My GBA saves got deleted it seems @_@ I played a bunch of GBA games awhile ago on M3 Real and now like 2 months later after updating the M3 loader tons, my saves don't exist in the game it seems =(. I don't feel like getting as far as I was in Sonic Battle and etc. =(.

And my friend finally ordered a Cyclops

What's he need to do when he first gets it? Does he need to download and extract the latest update before running it? Like 3 months ago I heard people having problems with it getting SD card brick'd or something I dunno @_@.

And I heard some Cyclops update on the front page mentioning something GBA related.. I thought the Cyclops can't play GBA games which is why I wanted him to get a M3 Real. Can the Cyclops play GBA games =X?

2. LagunaCid

Member LagunaCid GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    If you get a slot-2 flashcart, pretty much every slot-1 flashcart can run GBA games using GBAExploader.
    CyclopsDS got a new update that allows it to run GBA games through the main menu, however it is still kinda buggy.

3. Hedgehogofchaos

Member Hedgehogofchaos GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    What do you mean by SD card bricked? It is impssible to have your cyclods bricked due to a firmware upgrade failure (I have done this once before). MicroSD cards getting corrupted are usually due to a bad reader/writer.

4. Monster On Strin

Member Monster On Strin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    On your m3real did you try changing the save file extension from .0 to .sav on your computer?

5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    yea they changed the file ext from that

try that for a couple of games and see if it loads now

6. Swip

Member Swip GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    If i remember i think it had something to do with a beta firmware release that fried the micro sd. Well something like that anyway.

7. TrainerAbu
    OP

Member TrainerAbu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    none of the GBA save files, even the new ones, are .sav [​IMG]

but anyways

So do I still need to DIDL patch homebrew for Cyclo Evolution?