Hacking M3 missing game icon, where did it go?

kroyza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am missing the game icon, where did it go? I know its old but i were gona use it for my GBA games. How do i update the os software? Ive searched everywhere for hours... somethings wrong.

Attachments

• 1487287646383-1104443960.jpg
    1487287646383-1104443960.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 353
  • 1487287766234497919736.jpg
    1487287766234497919736.jpg
    427 KB · Views: 365

kroyza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any possibility that this could be related to pass me and later versioms of m3 firmware? I cant remember what version I used but it must have been back in 2006 2007, when i flashed my nds, but my other m3 3rd (smaller version) runs on the same ds/ firmware and m3 v.35e

Last edited by kroyza,

kroyza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried updating from version 33 to 34 and from 34 to 35. update worked but it didn't restore the games icon... is there anyway to autoboot roms like the firmware installation? Does M3 require any files on the SD card except roms? Is it possible to install any other GUI?

Update:
I have the same issue on my GBA so the issue is related to the sd card/firmware.

Last edited by kroyza,

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backimg files are put in a folder named Backing on your SD card. You then go into the Setup menu from the M3 on your GBA and select which background/Backimg you want to use.

Also known as "skins", they let you change the look of the icons and background graphics used on the M3 menu.

You can download and use the backimg files designated for e13 and newer firmware at http://sozoryoku.us/gbam.htm

Last edited by assassinz,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Yep it sounds like you are using a custom theme or something...
Check on options and disable the theme...
Like previous user told

I have that card in last firmware...
Battery is dead, game icon still there

Does the icon happears in gba mode

Last edited by migles,

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How often have you played roms on your M3? It could be possible the flash memory has failed or reached its write limitations.

kroyza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know played some when i got it, but I got a DS Cyclo evolution NDS cart when it was released and have used it since and played alot on the new one. Im not sure how it works, does the flash memoy store the firmware? I think it might have a bit of trouble with the connectors because it doesnt boot straight away all the time, it needs a bit of wiggeling and a few tries. But it should initiate the Flash memory and if its faulty or not working it should print some error not just remove the icon? seems strange....

I get scrambled screen when i change skin, and I didn't have any to choose from except the standard one.
And it wants to be named BACKNDS...

Update:
Got it to work with GBA mode now, still missing the game icon...
The skins doesn't seem to change the GUI or GUI functions, only the pictures...
And I can browse the SD card from Extended mode (guess thats moonshell) is there any other extensions that can boot homebrew or Roms?

update 2: Clarification, I hvae tried several SD cards and they work with my M3 Perfect mini.

Last edited by kroyza,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0