TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Kinda hard to tell from the picture how far it goes in...

Aside from that, you know the slot is spring loaded right? Just click it in once and press again to get it out. Is it hard to get out because you're trying to get it out with your fingernail?

S

sumarth

OP
yeah, its spring loaded,
i have to really push with the end of my fingernail, and it clicks, and comes out. if i didnt use my fingernail, i wouldnt be able to get it out. its about as far in as the middle of the curve in the plastic

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ah, as to answer your first question about the "manufacturing defect", I never had a problem with a M3 side loading revision I had my hands on at one point. You probably were unlucky and got a cart that had the slot too far in.... But at least it works. Or maybe they're all the same and you're just having your own problem with it, but I'd doubt that.

S

sumarth

OP
the red line is where the microsd's edge is when its clicked in
its certainly different from most ive seen

4172248160194289f377ou.png

you can see the edge of the circuit board when the microsd in in

S

sumarth

OP
CannonFoddr said:
Youch - that's really is far in

Does the flashcard work OK even though it is in so far - if so I guess Wingless is right, you were unfortunate in getting one that's has the slot in too far compared to others

it works great still, so i dont mind as much, but this shouldnt mean that its damaged or anything, right?
i bought it from dealextreme
unsure.gif

Mylar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine goes about that far in, doe not cause any problems for me anymore, other then the fact that if I have cut my fingernails in the previous few days, i tend to use a toothpick or key to push it in and active the spring for inserting and ejecting the card.

I figured it was my fault the card went so far in. When I first inserted the SD card while trying to flash the thing, I actually pushed it in and up over the spring loader and got it stuck in there. Had to pop open the card and gently work out the SD card with some jewelers tweezers.

I have 5 more coming in the mail for xmas gifts. So, soon, I should be able to give a better idea of how much variance there is in the slot placement.

Mylar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All 5 of the new ones are like that as well. If older zeros do not go in that far, I'd say it was the newest hardware revision.

One thing I want to point out to people who are first using this card, they seem to ship with the spring in a weird "locked for shipping" position.

The first time I put a microsd into any of my zeros I had to push it in much further then I expected, with no spring feeling. the first two I did I panicked and pulled back out with tweezers a few times before I got them in far enough to unlock and engage the spring.

After that, they work exactaly like you would expect a spring loaded slot to feel. A lil springy resistance on it's way in and a clear click-lock push back a smidge feel when they are in place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night