Hacking m3 gba pack help

fragler

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't even know if this is the right section for this question honestly but it was my best guess..

anyway, i bought an M3i Zero and the M3 GBA Pack..
setup my m3i properly and using m3sakura.. also got the latest ExpLoader..

i'd really like to play pokemon ruby.. so i dl'd that and put the .gba on the root.. open exploader.. load ruby and play a bit, but when i try to save, i get an error saying "Save failed. Checking the backup memory... please wat. 'time required: 1 minute.' The backup memory is damaged or the internal battery has run dry. The game can be played. However, progress cannot be saved. 'Gameplay cannot be continued. Returning to the title screen...'" then it resets the game and back to the ruby title screen..
i also ran the .gba straight from the game menu using sakura and got the same results.
afterwards i plug the microsd into the pc and i don't see any type of gba save file either.. i've read how to create and play on them but all the examples i've seen(videos and whatnot) haven't been a pokemon game that needs rtc..

i've searched around a bit looking for how to make this work and i know i can't be the first with this problem.. but i didn't find anything helpful with a pokemon game on the m3 gba pack..

soo if anyone knows what i may be doing wrong please correct me =\

thanks for your time.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
GBA Exploader does not work on the RTC version of the M3 gba expansion pack, exploader only works on the previous non-RTC version of the M3 gba expansion pack with the ips patch.

The M3 Real has the gba loading functions already to work with the M3 G.E.P. You can already load gba games directly from the M3 interface.

As for the loading issue, you might have to trim the rom to load. The autopatching adds a few kb for RTS, etc.

fragler

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so my my gba pack has rtc already? and i don't need exploader with my cart? and i can just load gba game from the cart's menu?
ok well is there anything special i'm suppose to have to do when i try to play a game that requires the rtc? like pokemon ruby/sapph? i still haven't tried a gba game that doesn't need rtc to see if that works yet.. i'll do that later today and see if it may be something else that is wrong..

fragler

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I dropped the exploader and dld ruby from another site. Ran right off sakura and works 100% so I hadda bad rom I guess. I had tried like 3 different roms. Ionno I'm retarded.

Thanks for the help. I got my gba games goin ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?