M3 Fake Please help

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by mcp2009, Jun 27, 2009.

1. mcp2009
    OP

mcp2009 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2009
    United States
    Ok so i was at the flea market and this guy had a m3 and i was like heck yes im gettin it ( at the time i didn't kno there were so many brands of adapters i just though it didn't matter what you bought). So i buy it and on the way home i read the package and it says m3adaptes.com and i was like wtf and the when i got home and googled it was a fake m3.. ok he showed me it when i bought it but when i use it it freezes or shows a half faded "touch screen to continue" screen or when it does go past that screen its all white on both screens or one white one black, or stuck at a loading screen with memory card but eventually after many tries it loads up perfectly. then the sd slot spring broke so i took the spring out and still the same problems any help. maybe cartridge slot is dirty. and ps i have a ds lite

2. saulin

saulin GBAtemp Regular

May 20, 2003
    That sucks. Maybe that things is broken. Get another one and suck it up I guess, unless you can return it.

3. jruschme

jruschme Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2008
    United States
    Jersey
    Obvious question... what firmware did you load on it?

The M3adaptes.com cart is actually a clone of the DSTT, so you need to use the firmware from the M3adaptes.com site.

John

4. mcp2009
    OP

mcp2009 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2009
    United States
    i loaded the newest fw available from them

bump

5. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    theres nothing we can do
    these are the problems with knockoff's/clones

try to sell the old one onto some unsuspecting noob and get a real cart

6. Kittymat

Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 16, 2008
    UK
    Although!

Faded touch screen is a sign of poor slot 1 connection, look at the paper shim trick see if this helps

7. Sao Mortel

Sao Mortel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2008
    Canada
    Montreal
    Yeah its actually a good cart!!! A DSTT ))) You just paid a little too much for it. Live with it it works well.

8. TrolleyDave

TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

Former Staff
    Jan 1, 2007
    Wales, UK
    The problems you're having sound like what happens to clone DSTT when the firmware with the fake killer is run on them. Have a look through the DSTT section about recovering carts killed by the fake killer, if it has been zapped by the clone killer you might be able to recover it. I can't promise that's what the problem is but it does sound alot like it.