M3 DS Real with Luma3DS ?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by natinusala, Jan 15, 2017.

1. natinusala
    OP

natinusala GBAtemp Regular

Dec 1, 2012
    France
    Hi everyone,

I wanted to use my A9LH+Luma3DS 11.2E O3DS to play some of the DS games I've got on my old M3 DS Real. I read that Luma3DS patches the TWL_Firm so that flashcarts such as the M3 should work on the 3DS now. The thing is that when I put it into the console, nothing happens (there is no game in the cartridge app), even when rebooting the console with the flashcart in. I should add that regular DS games still work fine (I reinstalled the TWL_Firm to be sure).

Is it a problem on my side, or does the M3 DS Real really sucks ?

Thanks !

Last edited by natinusala, Jan 15, 2017
  2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Sakura思い

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Damn, M3 DS Real card, quite old indeed. Have you tried installing the DS White List .cia?

3. natinusala
    OP

Dec 1, 2012
    France
  4. natinusala
    OP

Dec 1, 2012
    France
    Nope, even after installing the whitelist it doesn't work. Looks like I'm out of luck there...

edit : And the 3DS blackscreens on boot with the M3 in. Meh.

Last edited by natinusala, Jan 15, 2017
  5. piterayo

piterayo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2016
  6. natinusala
    OP

Dec 1, 2012
    France
    It works, I love you <3 However I found out that I lost all my games on the M3. I must have a backup somewhere... meh nvm

7. Skv0ra

Skv0ra Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2007
    United States
    So lo and behold I actually bumped into the case with my M3 Real while looking for other stuff, and even a handy-dandy 4GB card. Certainly beats having a 3DS cart I already have dumped as the slot-1 cover :D :D :D

8. Chrisser_75

Chrisser_75 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 12, 2014
    Germany
    Germany
    ̶d̶̶o̶̶e̶̶n̶̶s̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶o̶̶r̶̶k̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶o̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶e̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶'̶m̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶f̶̶w̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶3̶̶d̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶i̶̶t̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶l̶̶u̶̶m̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶8̶̶.̶̶x̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶n̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶s̶̶t̶̶a̶̶l̶̶l̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶o̶̶o̶̶d̶̶m̶̶3̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶3̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶e̶̶a̶̶l̶̶ ̶(̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶o̶̶o̶̶d̶̶m̶̶3̶̶1̶̶2̶̶5̶̶d̶̶.̶̶r̶̶a̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶i̶̶l̶̶e̶)̶ ̶(̶w̶̶o̶̶r̶̶k̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶s̶̶l̶̶i̶̶t̶̶e̶)̶.̶̶.̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶n̶̶o̶̶w̶̶ ̶̶i̶'̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶t̶̶s̶̶t̶̶a̶̶l̶̶l̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶3̶̶d̶̶s̶̶r̶̶e̶̶a̶̶l̶̶_̶̶l̶̶a̶̶u̶̶n̶̶c̶̶h̶̶e̶̶r̶̶.̶̶r̶̶a̶̶r̶
    ̶b̶̶u̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶l̶̶l̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶o̶̶e̶̶n̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶o̶̶r̶̶k̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶r̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶p̶̶e̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶l̶̶a̶̶u̶̶n̶̶c̶̶h̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶:̶(̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶l̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶h̶̶i̶̶t̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶c̶̶r̶̶e̶̶e̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶l̶̶a̶̶s̶̶h̶̶e̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶i̶̶m̶̶e̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶l̶̶a̶̶c̶̶k̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶c̶̶r̶̶e̶̶e̶̶n̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶u̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶n̶̶d̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶i̶̶l̶̶e̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶3̶̶d̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶a̶̶r̶̶d̶̶?̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶h̶̶a̶̶t̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶r̶̶o̶̶n̶̶g̶̶?̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶a̶̶n̶̶k̶̶s̶̶!̶

EDIT:
    works... so dumb haha i only have to re-insert the card (before booting) and the card, becaus of the crappy quality, is now accepted xD

Last edited by Chrisser_75, Nov 6, 2017
  9. natinusala
    OP

Dec 1, 2012
    France
    Yeah, I guess that the built-in PassMe must be tinkering with the 3DS. When I power mine up with the M3 inserted, I cant even get it to boot (black screen).

10. Trash_McPhail

Trash_McPhail GBAtemp Regular

Sep 24, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Is there anyway to install CFW using an M3 Real?

11. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    Asfaik, no. Follow this guide: https://3ds.guide/ntrboot
    Maybe one day they will add M3 Real to the list.

Trash_McPhail likes this.
  12. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa GPU of Planeptune

Oct 11, 2015
    Germany
    Planeptune
    use TWLoader...i am using my M3 DS Real with it (for M3 install YSMenu for it)

13. Trash_McPhail

Trash_McPhail GBAtemp Regular

Sep 24, 2017
    United Kingdom
    OK, thanks.

14. Chrisser_75

Dec 12, 2014
    Germany
    Germany
    Yeah, i've also installed a CFW and followed this guide then :) works very well AND you dont have to use WoodM3 Firmware on your M3 like the guide says. First I#ve tried it with WoodM3 and it works, but then i've tried to use my ild m3 firmware and it also works fine and i've got all my saves back :)

Only install the M3 launcher cia file from the guide. Then turn off your 3DS -> intert your M3 card (my card need some tries) -> boot 3DS and launch the M3 (aka G6 launcher) wich you've installed as a cia file before (not the showing 3DS G6 flashcard launcher on on the place where your gamecards are regular showing).
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/r4-stage2-twl-flashcart-launcher-and-perhaps-other-cards-soon™.416434/

If all of this is not working, you could try this but its a bit risky if you dont do this correctly! Read the video description attentively!

Last edited by Chrisser_75, Nov 15, 2017
  15. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa GPU of Planeptune

Oct 11, 2015
    Germany
    Planeptune
    you can use TWLoader too for M3 (with YSMenu)

16. Carlos_DobleC

Carlos_DobleC GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2016
    Spain
    How is it done? In TWLoader it does not put anything about M3 Real.
    And I have 2 that I use with Wood M3 and I hate how outdated it is and I can not use YSMenu

17. Dodain47

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    I boot my M3 Real Card through the TWLoader. There are files inside the compressed TWLoader folder that you must copy to the sd card you use with your Flashcard.

18. Carlos_DobleC

Carlos_DobleC GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2016
    Spain

If I understood it correctly, instead of using the stage 2 launcher (g6flash) that limits me to Wood M3 as a kernel, I can load the M3 through TWLoader and once inside it, it will load YSMenu as the primary kernel without giving the problems from the launcher (which loads it as the primary kernel but does not run the games)

19. Dodain47

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    Yes, that should be correct. You boot via the Flashcard icon. I use the Retrogamefan kernel for my M3 Card.

Carlos_DobleC likes this.
  20. Chrisser_75

Dec 12, 2014
    Germany
    Germany
    i dont use WoodM3 on my M3DS Real, its another one, so it's not limited...?