Hacking M3 DS Real with 8gb card problem

visitor000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have two sandisk 8gb cards, both have less than 500MB free space left. They filled with games and videos (one card is mostly videos).
Currently using English Sakura, and have no problems with at all, I can load and play any game and video.

I recall that few months ago, when I was using older firmware some folders could become corrupted for some reason (corrupted while they were in m3 real, not in usb adapter) - after restart I could not enter some folders, it happened few times after playing some games. Nintendo was hanging when I was trying opening such folders, other folders were ok. Under MS Windows directories could be opened with no problems at all, there were no lost clusters/logical errors on the card (checkdisk checked). I could not find a reason why those folders would hang the Nintendo. I've tried deleting all .0/.sav files, defragmenting the card etc but still it was hanging... The only solution was to delete the folder(s), create new one and copy files to card from backup.

I didn't experience such problems since I upgraded to Sakura firmware, don't know if they fixed it, or maybe was just lucky.

I don't know if it helps or not but you might try reformatting your card to FAT32 (with default settings) and try again. Also, make sure that your USB adapter does not screw up the card, like adapter which comes with M3 Real often screws up logical structure of the file system, so even if card looks like properly formatted it will have some logical errors and would not work properly. So, if you use USB adapter which came with M3 Real - you'd better get another one.

P.S. by the way, in older firmware max number of files per folder was 128 (you would not be able to open files higher in position than 128), in Sakura I've tried it with approx 180 files per folder and all of them worked, so even if there is a limit - it's higher than in older firmware.

skrambol

Trophies
XP
Country
I just updated the firmware to (english hack) sakura yesterday and filled up my 8gb with games in one (NDS) folder. I can browse all the games with no problems. So far every game i tried is working. I tried booting to the official english firmware (by holding X on powering up the DS), then the old problem comes back like its slow listing all the games and some icons are not showing plus the file size of the games are all wrong. I am happy with Sakura now. There is just something I missed from the official english firmware which is the right/left bumper function which scrolls the game by page. Or is there such function in Sakura too? Or you can only speedscroll using the scrollbar at the righthand of the screen?

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
M3 real official software - you must not have more than 128 games in each folder - split the games in to 2 or 3 folders and try again it will work fine.

I have found the first time you put the games on (or add extra) it takes a long time to respond, after the first time it works fine.

As I am using triple boot I always keep the number of roms per folder below 128 and always have one folder called NDS then all the systems work fine.

Pie_Master178

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I too am having issues with GBA games...some games I can save perfectly,then some games I cant like for example Castlevania(and some others as well(at least 20-25 games).I save it and it clearly shows I saved, Next time I reboot the game, I see the processing bar.

I load the game again and save file is gone, however Super Robot Taisen games(just example, many other games work as well), I save and reboot, see the processing bar and boot the game again and save files work. :S

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...