Hacking M3 Card Not Working In Phat

Kittymat

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I re cased a Phat DS, tested and all working well, as part of the test I put in my M3 card from my DS lite and it did not boot up (Sakura Triple Boot), I put it back in my DS and it worked fine. I took the M3 card from my partners DS and put it in and the same thing, this DS Phat will not boot the M3 card it hangs on the Sakura initial screen.

It appears to play cartridges correctly, everything else is working fine - but won't boot the M3

Any Ideas??

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I think it's probably the metal contacts. Try the paper trick. The Real's contacts aren't as good as commercial game cart contacts.

Kittymat

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well thanks for the help, it was actually the paper trick that worked. Unusual as the card was seen and started to boot it just hung on the start up screen of Sakura, the card worked in other DS's so I knew that should be fine.

So thanks again (I actually bent the metal casing of the slot 1 card holder to push the card closer to the contacts - works every time now)

Kittymat

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So you think all is well, start playing with the console and then when changing the game it happens again.

So finally I have found the problem, the left button is sticking, if it is down when Sakura starts to load it sees a problem and refuses to load, not a problem with M3 real software. So thanks for the help but a sticky button was the problem!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: if i have time for that