M3 Adapter (SD) Vs. SuperCard (SD) Comparison

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
there is me thinking SuperCard was the original idea & giving this Romman guy all the credit for it .

Great Review by the way & i have really enjoyed reading it
bow.gif

btw me getting PSP this week or next cuz i had enough for now playing kiddie games on NDS . no offence
nyanya.gif
rofl2.gif

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The fanboyism is just sooo sad but before I go on a flame war tangent I'll just say nice review guys. I don't have my supercard yet so I was curious as to how they compare. Did you try the moonshell on the M3? It sounds pretty good, I know they did not write this program but none the less it sounds way better then their conversion software. Speaking of software, were you able to covert videos? I have 500 videos I wanted to host but their converter software crashes on me every time.

xamphear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I guess the biggest problem I have with this review (since I have owned both carts) is that it makes the m3 look like it's 15 "points" out of 100 better than the SC.

They both should have gotten almost the same score, since, in the end, their feature sets are by god almost identical.

If you wanted to include stuff like cardboard and skinability, there should have been a CORE score and a DETAILS score. Because when you look at the categories that really actually matter, they do come out almost identical.

It's just a shame that people scrolling to the end to just look at the numbers will assume the M3 is better and then spend 33% more to buy it, rather than realize they're almost identical and save some important cash.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's just a shame that people scrolling to the end to just look at the numbers will assume the M3 is better and then spend 33% more to buy it, rather than realize they're almost identical and save some important cash.
OMG I totally agree with you, all those poor suckers who will buy the M3 and then.....OMG get to play the latest games a week before the supercard owners do because the M3 team updates their software that much quicker. Your just so darn right xamphear, I pitty the fools who will spend 20 dollars more for better rom support as well as save support. Oh but not me though cause I like playing the latest ds releases as soon as possible, not 2 weeks after the game was dumped.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
OMG I totally agree with you, all those poor suckers who will buy the M3 and then.....OMG get to play the latest games a week before the supercard owners do because the M3 team updates their software that much quicker.

i dont know if there is a different type of SuperCard you reffering to cuz the one i have here plays all the latest games on the same day they dumped with no problems.
wink.gif

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Really let me come over and play some Pokemon Dash with you ....oh wait YOU CAN'T
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
Sorry I don't usually use an abundance of smileys but I need one more
rofl2.gif
Anyway. Yea maybe you do have a super supercard cause animal crossings, tony hawk, mario kart they all needed to wait for a special patcher from your buddy romman.

Update(2005.12.15)
Feature:
0223-_Animal_Crossing_Wild_World, SuperCard Team will continue make it perfect.
# Fixed 0174 - Tony Hawks American Sk8land halt bug.

Update(2005.11.30)?Covert software 2.433 Release
Feature:
# 0197 - Dragon ball can play now.
# Increase NDS games compatibility, more game can play now.

I am not going to go on and on but yea I think maybe you have a special supercard if it played tony hawk, dragon ball z, ect the day they got dumped, either that or you go online maybe once a month thus by time you download the games they are already patched......if it is a magical cart you should give it back to romman so he can update all his products to be magical!

Euronymous

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Really let me come over and play some Pokemon Dash with you ....oh wait YOU CAN'T
rofl2.gif
Â
rofl2.gif
Â
rofl2.gif
Sorry I don't usually use an abundance of smileys but I need one moreÂ
rofl2.gif
Anyway. Yea maybe you do have a super supercard cause animal crossings, tony hawk, mario kart they all needed to wait for a special patcher from your buddy romman.

Update(2005.12.15)
Feature:
0223-_Animal_Crossing_Wild_World, SuperCard Team will continue make it perfect.
# Fixed 0174 - Tony Hawks American Sk8land halt bug.

Update(2005.11.30)?Covert software 2.433 Release
Feature:
# 0197 - Dragon ball can play now.
# Increase NDS games compatibility, more game can play now.

I am not going to go on and on but yea I think maybe you have a special supercard if it played tony hawk, dragon ball z, ect the day they got dumped, either that or you go online maybe once a month thus by time you download the games they are already patched......if it is a magical cart you should give it back to romman so he can update all his products to be magical!

Animal Crossing didn't work correctly on my M3 for a long time until Firmware E13 and 2.5 Manager software came out on December 15. At the same time Animal Crossing worked fine on my SC without any special updates required, from release day.

This back and forth bitching is pointless though. Really the M3 and SC are just as good as each other. Really.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
WeaponX i know what you saying mate but thats old news its all was slow before the new patcher version 2.44 & the firmware update version 154 but now everything is cool , i have downloaded few new games & they worked straight away like bust a move for example & this new monopoly game.updates are getting out quicker & better than before
wink.gif

sap147

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well ive been researching about what to get , MP3, SC or whatnot and after reading this review and the comments, i am even more confused as to what to get lol.

faceless

pink sugar heart attack
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hey so i noticed some people saying the supercard was just as good... was i reading an erroneous review, or were the reviewers correct when they mentioned that the GBA support on supercard still suck cock like it did exactly one year ago?

i mean, for example, do all those games that a year ago didnt work or ran slow as hell work at 100% speed now?

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I like the Supercard slow motion.. Should be an actual feature not a bug in the hardware, hehe..

Beat most bosses in Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission with much ease in slow motion..

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Saying the M3 and SC are almost identical is plain false: The NDS part is nearly identical right now (except Pokemon Dash), but for 30% more money you get:
- very good GBA rom support (a really important fact if you ask me),
- a better build quality,
- multiple saves,
- better movie support,
- more frequent updates.

Worth the 30% I think.

I had a Supercard and sold it because of the really bad GBA part and the poor build quality and got me a M3 and am very happy with it (playing much GBA games). And Metroid Zero Mission & Fusion still have slowdowns and Advance Wars 2 still doesn't work. I tried them on my brother's SC CF.

TheStick

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BTW, romman recently updated the rominfo.dat for the SuperCard software, and it fixes many issues with the more recent gba roms (2000 and above).

And for the GBA slowdowns, there's a method called QPC.

All games run fine using QPC, for instance Yoshi's Island is unplayable when fully patched, but by using the QPC method, it runs fine
smile.gif

unrequited

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Then he says the SC produces "pure" save files which is a good thing. Great. But then the M3 which has a much much worse saving system, much more confusing and also messes with your .sav files so you can't use them with trainers and other flash devices, but yet somehow the M3 still gets a .5 higher score. Why?!
Oh yes you can use them with other devices. It takes you like 15 seconds to make them compatible, using an hex editor. If you don't know what I'm talking about then I should definitely make a converter (M3 saves to NDS .sav files).
And the +.5 is due to the fact that the M3 handles multiple saves per game. Read what I wrote above.
Can you please write this little converter please? I can probably fuddle my way through a hex editor but it would be a hassle to do for multiple games.

skarthebloodchild

Keep It Old School
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Nice comparison review guys!!!!
I am quite satisfied with the supercard sd.
I don't care about pokemon dash (which will be suppoted in the future) or gba games cause i still use and love my ezfa.
That's why i came with the supercard.
People don't forget and buy games if you really like 'em.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess the biggest problem I have with this review (since I have owned both carts) is that it makes the m3 look like it's 15 "points" out of 100 better than the SC.

They both should have gotten almost the same score, since, in the end, their feature sets are by god almost identical.
That's why each sub section of the review has it's own score. If people actually take the time to read the entire review, they'll see which cart is better suited to them.

Some people want a cart that's highly customisable and is easy to use, others may want a more basic solution that's not going to cost them as much.

The reviews of both products in the review don't mean one is better than the other... They're independent mini-reviews so people can figure out which cart suits them best. I hate having to quote myself...
rolleyes.gif

QUOTERead through our whole comparison and work out for yourself what kit is worth your money. :-)
The M3 scored higher in the end, not just because of the ROM compatibility but because of the package you're getting. The build quality is far superior to the SuperCard, it's GUI system is more attractive than the SuperCard, and that is what some people look for in a card. And yes, now it plays one more ROM than the SuperCard, it does get a higher score there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan