ROM Hack Lunar Knights - UNDUB

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Hopefully it's just the save games that are messed up. I'm starting this game right from the begining with the undub. I played the first 10 minutes or so, and I agree, I like it a lot better than the dubbed version. I thank you for making this and putting it on usenet!

the problem is that , ez4client dun recognize the new created rom (or the undubed version) ,and, if you force the transfer, you dun patch the game on the proper way (eemprom, 512k).

anyone knows how we can get this rom into the romlistds archive for the ez4client can recognize it with the proper configuration valor?

PD: plz forgive my english, sux like hell
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif

darqfyre

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
the problem is that , ez4client dun recognize the new created rom (or the undubed version) ,and, if you force the transfer, you dun patch the game on the proper way (eemprom, 512k).

anyone knows how we can get this rom into the romlistds archive for the ez4client can recognize it with the proper configuration valor?

PD: plz forgive my english, sux like hellÂ
rofl2.gif
Â
rofl2.gif
Â
rofl2.gif
You just need to copy the Lunar Knights line in the romlist and change the CRC hash to the new one. It detected fine and used the same filesize and everything but it just won't load.
frown.gif

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
send me a pm for the undub, and what you need to do is make a save file with the normal rom, then delete it and replace it with the undub and the save file will already be made, so ill help you guys out with a download link but i cant roms post so pm me.

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country

PD: plz forgive my english, sux like hellÂ
rofl2.gif
Â
rofl2.gif
Â
rofl2.gif

You just need to copy the Lunar Knights line in the romlist and change the CRC hash to the new one. It detected fine and used the same filesize and everything but it just won't load.
frown.gif

how u can know the roms crc? (anyways if u said that u did it and dun work dun matter)

i tryed savefile method and neither work....

lets wait to european release or newer patch :'( (or...another flascard
laugh.gif
)

Kensuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if you're planning to play it on M3 adapters...use DSLazy...no other programs will work
frown.gif

actually i'm playing it and work flawless

Knab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pretty quick and easy "hack"...

I thought I'd let people know that all you need to do is literally swap the movie/sound (.VX/SDAT) files from the Japanese ROM into the USA one to create an UNDUB. All of the movie and ingame audio will be Japanese

i know this is a noobish question but how do you take it apart to do that?

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty quick and easy "hack"...

I thought I'd let people know that all you need to do is literally swap the movie/sound (.VX/SDAT) files from the Japanese ROM into the USA one to create an UNDUB. All of the movie and ingame audio will be Japanese

i know this is a noobish question but how do you take it apart to do that?

its done for you already, you just need to find the IND release of the game.

Hidoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't understand usenet :S
I can't find the game.
I tried making the fix myself, but it doesn't work. DSLazy doesn't work (for some reason)
Isn't there another way to get this game working?

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Isn't it possible to take the Japanese version and replace all text and sound with the English ones? Then we could play the online mode of the Japanese version and enjoy the game in English.

gukid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Went ahead and did the UNDUB, works great. I have sort of a request though, which will probably be quite a bit more work. Being Canadian, I have a hard time with the lack of metric units (Celcius and KM/hr), is there any way to change these back to how they were in the Japanese version as well? I even checked the UK rom and it's not Metric (which is doesn't make any sense since from what I know everyone in the UK relies on the metric system...)

Obviously this would probably take a bit more technical know-how, but it's something that I just can't get the hang of while playing the game. Can anyone help me out with this?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Metric is a somewhat recent addition to the UK it seems (I personally can not visualise anything else though) and it is not mandated by law as far as computer games are concerned.

None the less conversion will be a tad more difficult than an undub assuming the data is not still in the rom. I assume you want the temperature readings to read something sensible.
Changing it to display Celcius in as much as it is has a °C will probably not be difficult (at its easiest it will be a picture hack or a basic text hack, compression and odd fonts can make this a bit harder) but it will still display the number for Fahrenheit (i.e 70°C).

The number may be harder to pull off, I can imagine a few ways it would work:
random number within limits varying per level
set pattern that appears random

A problem may also come if weapons/armour requires a temperature to function, this could be as simple as hacking on a display tweak (read memory, convert to, display as opposed to read->display.

If you have a cheat code that controls it that would be great.

gukid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually I never thought of how the weapons and armour would react, as they are set to do different things depending on the temperature and windspeed. I guess these would have already been changed over to the farenheight system as well... which would make this a LOT more complicated in my mind. Unless of course as you mentioned, the code for farenheight and celcius is still in there and all the rom would need is a simple setting change.

Embarko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sweet works on cyclods...just wondering, u think this little hack isnt limited to only lunar knights? you think maybe this will work for any of the games that earn a dubbing? for example, professor layton is coming to north america soon, you think it would be possible to swap the jap one for the (most likely it will be dubbed) english one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: