Homebrew LumaCFW/A9lh Issue with DS Games

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
/facepalm...

The path where you're going to put the luma3DS.bin on your SD card.
Last time I checked they still speak English in Ireland.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The funniest part is with the latest version of Bootanim9 you just have to rename the arm9loaderhax.bin of your CFW to arm9payload.bin and put it in the anim folder. Bootanim9 will dynamically patch it...

Reactions: Wolfvak

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Just run something that didn't work before. If it works, congrats! If not, THEN you can ask.
Im confused - Whats the point of dragging the Luma .bin file onto path changer and typing the path of the same exact file
Wtf would that do? Its un-necessary doing that, Like if I didnt do the path changer it would still work and let me load ds games.

Like I just want to load ds games and use BootAnim9.

Sumsquat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Im confused - Whats the point of dragging the Luma .bin file onto path changer and typing the path of the same exact file
Wtf would that do? Its un-necessary doing that, Like if I didnt do the path changer it would still work and let me load ds games.

Like I just want to load ds games and use BootAnim9.
Read my first post. When running NDS games, your 3DS reboots. When it reboots, it'll try to run your arm9loaderhax.bin. If that's not the luma .bin, it won't work. That's where the pathchanger does its job. It patches this reboot to the .bin you typed. And why are you still asking? Just try it already.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The path to arm9loaderhax.bin is hardcoded in the file. If you put it somewhere else you need to change that path. Hence the fucking pathchanger.

Reactions: Sumsquat

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Read my first post. When running NDS games, your 3DS reboots. When it reboots, it'll try to run your arm9loaderhax.bin. If that's not the luma .bin, it won't work. That's where the pathchanger does its job. It patches this reboot to the .bin you typed. And why are you still asking? Just try it already.
I have tried it and can Referne please fuck off from this community.

1: I understand what your saying but your telling me to drag and drop the luma.bin loaderhax.bin file onto the pathchanger and then type the path of the same exact .bin which does nothing thats where im getting confused.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I fixed it. Thanks @Sumsquat.

Sumsquat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just calm down, we're all here because we share the same interest in hacking.

And regarding your question, just look at the post above yours by @Redferne.

EDIT: I'm glad you made it! Congrats!

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just calm down, we're all here because we share the same interest in hacking.

And regardingyour question, just look at the post above yours by @Redferne.
:D
Autoquote:
The funniest part is with the latest version of Bootanim9 you just have to rename the arm9loaderhax.bin of your CFW to arm9payload.bin and put it in the anim folder. Bootanim9 will dynamically patch it...
I don't see any way to make it simpler.

Wolfvak

nyaa~
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
BootAnim9 automatically patches the Luma3DS payload and I've personally tested it.

Here's a quick rundown of how it should work on a regular boot: BA9 plays, searches for L"sdmc:/", and patches the rest of it to "anim/arm9payload.bin", so when Luma3DS patches the firmware with its own reboot function, it'll try to load itself from "sdmc:/anim/arm9payload.bin" instead of whatever was on the path (usually "sdmc:/arm9loaderhax.bin")

The only bad thing about my patching is that it patches all payloads - fortunately none so far have used this path, but it'd be nice to find a way to recognize Luma (and it's derivatives, Mizuki and Salt) from a regular payload and patch accordingly.

Last edited by Wolfvak,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Im definitely on the latest version but nope it doesnt seem to auto-patch it :/
How to install
Place the downloaded/compiled payload in root and place the payload to chainload as "/anim/arm9payload.bin". A special exception is made with Luma3DS, the payload must be saved as "/anim/luma.bin".

It also supports loading BootCTR9 - just drop "arm9bootloader.bin" into the SD card root as well as its configuration file and you're good to go. Please note that BootCTR9 will only load if neither "arm9payload.bin" nor "luma.bin" exist.

Wolfvak

nyaa~
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Im definitely on the latest version but nope it doesnt seem to auto-patch it :/
Alright, I just tested with my version on GitHub + astronautlevel's Luma3DS build and it works perfectly.
Tested my Klonoa 2 inject, a small dumb CIA that runs in 80MB memory mode (similar to SSB/MH4U) and WW Touched! + my R4i. Given that the issue was not reproducible, it's an problem on your side.

That info is old, sorry :/ @gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Alright, I just tested with my version on GitHub + astronautlevel's Luma3DS build and it works perfectly.
Tested my Klonoa 2 inject, a small dumb CIA that runs in 80MB memory mode (similar to SSB/MH4U) and WW Touched! + my R4i. Given that the issue was not reproducible, it's an problem on your side.

it is? oh well.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland

So if that info is old, What steps should I take?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, I think i'm one too