Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGuyMadeOfTofu

Trophies
XP
Country
Why don't we have a facepalm emote?

So you're basically saying your horse and buggy is fast enough and you don't trust this new fangled thing called a car?
You want to use the air conditioning, radio, and GPS, but it doesn't work on your horse and buggy? You even got a cool whip for it.

The payloads are arm9loaderhax payload. They need arm9loaderhax (a9lh) to launch. With a9lh, they are just files.
Not gonna lie but those analogies were painful to read. But i guess it gets the point across, in a way

masterz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why hell was the repo ever deleted? According to github it was, thus all old(er) releases past ~7 are gone the links are there but nothing else.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why hell was the repo ever deleted? According to github it was, thus all old(er) releases past ~7 are gone the links are there but nothing else.
Aurora Wright's accounts got hacked many moons ago. The hacker(s) deleted the repos to be a dick

masterz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'll have to see if archive.org has any of the old releases archived if not I'm going to have to go build from source until a9lh is older. The guide's only been around since nov of last year so I figure another year should make it safe _enough_. As I've said in the past the sole thing I ever needed from cfw was sig patching+new3ds cpu/l2 enable+emunand(so I can update games mostly). Right now I wish I wouldn't have just blindly updated my luma from whatever was the version that introduced l2 enabling(caused me to no longer to need ntr)

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'll have to see if archive.org has any of the old releases archived if not I'm going to have to go build from source until a9lh is older. The guide's only been around since nov of last year so I figure another year should make it safe _enough_. As I've said in the past the sole thing I ever needed from cfw was sig patching+new3ds cpu/l2 enable+emunand(so I can update games mostly). Right now I wish I wouldn't have just blindly updated my luma from whatever was the version that introduced l2 enabling(caused me to no longer to need ntr)
The a9lh guide has been around a lot longer than that. It originally started on Plailect's Github repo on his Wiki. It then moved to his Github.io domain, then to 3ds.guide. 3ds.guide has been around since November.

This is the original guide (to my knowledge): https://github.com/Plailect/Guide_RedNAND/wiki. I remember following this guide on a lot of my devices. Just look at the commits and revisions to his wiki page.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

masterz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It still has me super worried about an unrecoverable brick if I accidently have the 3ds close and since I don't trust my soldering skills I am still worried. That plus xferring all of my stuff on emunand seems like a chore.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It still has me super worried about an unrecoverable brick if I accidently have the 3ds close and since I don't trust my soldering skills I am still worried. That plus xferring all of my stuff on emunand seems like a chore.
If you follow the guide to a T, nothing will happen. Tons of people have followed it and will continue to follow it. The only bricks that may occur are most likely going to be from user error and not anything wrong with the system. I've a9lh'd 6 devices usinh the many versions of Plailect's guide, and I've lost none of my data on my 3DS nor have I bricked. If you do brick, you can probably send it to a trusted hardmodder here on the temp. If you run into issues or get confused on the steps, ask people on here what to do. Re-read the guide multiple times until you get an understanding on what you are doing. If anything in the guide seems to be a "chore" to you, you don't need to be doing anything with the guide.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

masterz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll definitely think about it once I get a backup new 3ds so that I can still play games whilst that one's sent off incase I do something stupid. Permabricks have always scared me and will always do so.

anon3536

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just switched to luma3ds and cant seem to get my gba vc to work, iv followed the trouble shooting on the git and keep getting an error when trying to install the home menu and the ns, running on 11.4.0-37u a9lh luma 7.0.5

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll definitely think about it once I get a backup new 3ds so that I can still play games whilst that one's sent off incase I do something stupid. Permabricks have always scared me and will always do so.

I have both (one n3ds xl on emunand and one n3ds xl on a9lh).

Once booted there is no difference. So it does not matter when you do not shut down your system every 5 minutes.
I put mine to sleep so that menuhax boot rate does not annoy me really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/o4zjzHyB-I0?si=U77XLBb-jVVqtWXz +1