splendid
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
Hi.
Haven't touched cfw on my 3ds for months now.
I have one of the first a9lhax. No screeninit etc.
So I was just wondering since there's this huge update for A̶U̶R̶E̶I̶N̶A̶N̶D̶ I mean Luma3DS should I update my SD payload to the newer one that is stored in apperantly one of the firm partitions? If so any guidelines for that brick chances and whatnot?
Cheers.

zdgr4ye5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma CFW has region and language emulation, but we need every time create file for each game by hands(copy from PC or from smartphone), as I have 3ds from japan - I am doing it alot!)

It will be good idea to add
1)more simple method for region and language emulation
or
2)method for generating language file only with 3ds)

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does one update emu and/ rednand I've been out of this for too long I can't remember nor find an answer anywhere though it not like I went through hundreds of pages btw I'm not using a9lh

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Luma CFW has region and language emulation, but we need every time create file for each game by hands(copy from PC or from smartphone), as I have 3ds from japan - I am doing it alot!)

It will be good idea to add
1)more simple method for region and language emulation
or
2)method for generating language file only with 3ds)

Never used it personally, but I guess you can give this app a try.:)

EDIT: also, you don't have to enable that for all the games BTW. A console running Luma3DS is region free, language and region emulation is only useful for games that fail to work out of the box.

Cool, that fixed it. Thanks! :D

You're welcome! Also, you are probably running an old version of Luma Updater, it's better to update it to the latest one (+ it has self updating now).

Last edited by Kyojin,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I read a few pages back that you can have two arm9loaderhax.bin files in the root of the SD for the newest build of A9LH by Aurora.
One for noscreeninit (arm9loaderhax.bin) and he other for screeninit (arm9loaderhax_si.bin).

My question is, where do I get said files?
Or are they generated once I install the newest build with SafeA9LH Installer?

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read a few pages back that you can have two arm9loaderhax.bin files in the root of the SD for the newest build of A9LH by Aurora.
One for noscreeninit (arm9loaderhax.bin) and he other for screeninit (arm9loaderhax_si.bin).

My question is, where do I get said files?
Or are they generated once I install the newest build with SafeA9LH Installer?
they're arm9loaderhax payloads, you get them where you normally would (depending on the program you want to use).

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
they're arm9loaderhax payloads, you get them where you normally would (depending on the program you want to use).
Huh I'm really confused now.

I grabbed the latest arm9loaderhax build posted a couple pages back, got myself the latest SafeA9LH too but I don't know where to get those two payloads you mention.
I want to get that no-SD feature ASAP. XD

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh I'm really confused now.

I grabbed the latest arm9loaderhax build posted a couple pages back, got myself the latest SafeA9LH too but I don't know where to get those two payloads you mention.
I want to get that no-SD feature ASAP. XD
Place the arm9loaderhax.bin file from this zip on the root of your SD card: https://github.com/AuroraWright/SafeA9LHInstaller/releases/tag/v2.0.3
Download the data_input_V2.zip file and place the A9LH folder to the root of your SD card: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)#what-you-need
Place these two files inside the A9LH folder that's on your SD card: https://mega.nz/#!NU8FySLD!LSkoOv0X5FvpxVT_Kv3yqT23om8YNv0IwxhJFpLCT0I
Then turn on your 3DS with the SD card inserted. Update A9LH. Once it's done and it's off, you can now use your 3DS without an SD card.

Reactions: noctis90210

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Place the arm9loaderhax.bin file from this zip on the root of your SD card: https://github.com/AuroraWright/SafeA9LHInstaller/releases/tag/v2.0.3
Download the data_input_V2.zip file and place the A9LH folder to the root of your SD card: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)#what-you-need
Place these two files inside the A9LH folder that's on your SD card: https://mega.nz/#!NU8FySLD!LSkoOv0X5FvpxVT_Kv3yqT23om8YNv0IwxhJFpLCT0I
Then turn on your 3DS with the SD card inserted. Update A9LH. Once it's done and it's off, you can now use your 3DS without an SD card.
Thanks, although I got it working before your post. :P
My N3DS is working fine without SD now, but..
My O3DS stays at a black screen without the SD.

I followed the exact same proceedure than the one I did for my N3DS, and the O3DS DOES boot with the SD.
Is there a reason why it isn't booting without the SD?

I'm pretty sure I did everything listed on the Updating arm9loaderhax guide. :/

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
i think the "no sd=no boot" is much better to use than "no sd + boot" interms of security

in the "no sd=no boot", if you remove the sd, then, no one else could use/ruin your 3ds including your games&saves...
even if they know about a9lh, if they put an sd with a9lh-cfw, they can boot the 3ds but your games and saves are not there...

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Sorry about my almost-absence, basically personal stuff happened (not necessarily negative ones! :) ).
If anyone is interested, yesterday I pushed an update to my a9lh fork to merge screen init and non screen init stage2s into one, and to include a stripped down Luma for when there's no payload or no SD inserted (has just two patches, signatures and firm writes). https://github.com/AuroraWright/arm9loaderhax
I'm a bit confused.. So after compiling this, I got 2 files (stage1 and stage2). I expected maybe 2 of each, one for screeninit and one without?
If the 2 files are correct, then I'm confused by the release? I see 2 zips, one for screeninit and one for noscreeninit. So uh, what am I missing?

I'm trying to clean a batch script that I made for this, since the second branch is no longer there. Thanks
side note: Is there difference between "make" and "make all" for this?

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think the "no sd=no boot" is much better to use than "no sd + boot" interms of security

in the "no sd=no boot", if you remove the sd, then, no one else could use/ruin your 3ds including your games&saves...
even if they know about a9lh, if they put an sd with a9lh-cfw, they can boot the 3ds but your games and saves are not there...
I think having a CFW on the nand is a great idea. If a gave a system to a friend that had the CFW on the nand and FBI injected to the health and safety app there is almost nothing else he would need. He could treat it like a stock 3DS in terms of upgrading and formatting.

The most used apps can be installed through QR code so there is never any need to remove the SD card and if the card failed you can just grab another one and put it in without having to copy files over or set anything up.

The only thing really missing is the region free patch. Once that is implemented I may could rid of any other CFW altogether. It will be the most noob friendly system ever.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm a bit confused.. So after compiling this, I got 2 files (stage1 and stage2). I expected maybe 2 of each, one for screeninit and one without?
If the 2 files are correct, then I'm confused by the release? I see 2 zips, one for screeninit and one for noscreeninit. So uh, what am I missing?

I'm trying to clean a batch script that I made for this, since the second branch is no longer there. Thanks
side note: Is there difference between "make" and "make all" for this?
The screen init and non screen init are now the same. For non screen init name your payload arm9loaderhax.bin and for screen init name your payload arm9loaderhax_si.bin.

Reactions: Madridi

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
The screen init and non screen init are now the same. For non screen init name your payload arm9loaderhax.bin and for screen init name your payload arm9loaderhax_si.bin.
Cool thanks for the info. Now that brings me to the second part of my question. Why are there 2 7z files in the release section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land