Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it wouldn't because the emunand would be booting off of firmware90.bin. Then it would be a simple matter of booting up ftpd, transfering the new firmware.bin over, and then going back to sysnand again. Fortunately that is no longer necessary and the only reason I haven't fully removed it yet is laziness.
Hmm, I think firmware90.bin would load the 9.0 NATIVE_FIRM, and you set that as your default for EmuNand, which is optional. Also, if you keep that firmware.bin there, AuReiNand will think you want it to run that instead of letting it auto-generate a working firmware.bin, so I would recommend removing it whenever you get the chance to!

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
No, it wouldn't because the emunand would be booting off of firmware90.bin. Then it would be a simple matter of booting up ftpd, transfering the new firmware.bin over, and then going back to sysnand again. Fortunately that is no longer necessary and the only reason I haven't fully removed it yet is laziness.

True, but on my setup currently the only thing I am missing out on is a little bit of extra space from the now nearly useless 9.2 emunand. And how can you remove emunand without backing everything up, reformating/repartitioning your sd card, and then copying everything back?
Partitioning software with the proper options(not everyone is created equal)

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, I think firmware90.bin would load the 9.0 NATIVE_FIRM, and you set that as your default for EmuNand, which is optional. Also, if you keep that firmware.bin there, AuReiNand will think you want it to run that instead of letting it auto-generate a working firmware.bin, so I would recommend removing it whenever you get the chance to!

At the time, if you were using updated sysnand mode then it would boot sysnand with firmware.bin and you could boot emunand with either firmware.bin or firmware90.bin depending on whether you held L or R (I forget which was which). Of course, this was before the ability to just use the NATIVE_FIRM from ctrnand was added. Just removing firmware.bin would have stopped it from booting at all.

doggomando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Back when i was using emunand aureinand 5.0, my ds flascarts were working! Now, when i'm using 5.1.2, as soon as it boots, it crashes. The only way i can use my flashcart now is by going into sysnand. 10.7 U emu and 9.2 sys a9lh

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back when i was using emunand aureinand 5.0, my ds flascarts were working! Now, when i'm using 5.1.2, as soon as it boots, it crashes. The only way i can use my flashcart now is by going into sysnand. 10.7 U emu and 9.2 sys a9lh
Fix your path

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for quick resolution. For we are here for a serious discussion.
Yes serious

tumblr_n3hntvKkCm1sa9du0o1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/zzu0VHzy7tU?si=V2sI-JSptJg0SWmC