Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This should work:
https://github.com/Cpasjuste/CtrBootManager/blob/a9lh/data/a9lh.cfg
I think that some default config will be created if missing.

I added the lines back from this commit and it works fine now. I haven't compiled from source but I'll give it a try.
Thanks!
Ah, I tried BootCtr9. This one actually has the dirty start.s.
https://github.com/Cpasjuste/CtrBootManager/blob/a9lh/source/arm9/source/bs-start.s
Replace with https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/blob/master/source/abstraction/bs-start.s, change .section .text.start to .section ".init".

Reactions: Doopl and Orkna

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks just a lot of people are saying boot times are sped up and other things if I switch back to SysNAND but why change what isn't broken I guess

The main reason I decided to switch to SysNAND rather than just keep using emunand after installing a9lh is because I wanted to use DSiware which must be installed to SysNAND no matter what. If you use emuNAND then you have to install DSiware to both for it to work. I do keep a 9.2 emunand around just in case though I haven't booted it ever since I set it up (injected FBI, installed a FTP client cia).

Note that the same applies to GBA games but I don't use that functionality as I use my Android phone for emulating old systems.

Last edited by nl255,

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, I tried BootCtr9. This one actually has the dirty start.s.
https://github.com/Cpasjuste/CtrBootManager/blob/a9lh/source/arm9/source/bs-start.s
Replace with https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/blob/master/source/abstraction/bs-start.s, change .section .text.start to .section ".init".

This might be the wrong thread but where do I get the bin-file when building ctrbootmanager9-a9lh?
Edit: got it! had to run "make -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=../DevkitArm3DS.cmake ../" twice ;)

Thanks!

Last edited by Orkna,

Adakar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi my friends

I made the update to 5.11
I have a 9.2 sysnand and 10.7 emunand
I boot the emunand with the r+power
My problem... I install many games and HBLauncher with the FBI program, runs well etc, but when I shut down the console and power on again (in emunand) appears the message of a new program and all the cias have the gift box icon again.
Any Ideas?
I use ARM9LoaderHax (last version) and AuReiNAND 5.11

Thanks a lot

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Hi my friends

I made the update to 5.11
I have a 9.2 sysnand and 10.7 emunand
I boot the emunand with the r+power
My problem... I install many games and HBLauncher with the FBI program, runs well etc, but when I shut down the console and power on again (in emunand) appears the message of a new program and all the cias have the gift box icon again.
Any Ideas?
I use ARM9LoaderHax (last version) and AuReiNAND 5.11

Thanks a lot
You need to format your sysnand to unlink nands. Use tinyformat.

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Latest a9lh non screen init. Aurora's fork.

Update FatFs to 0.12 c4cffaa commit dbd816ac5d604c32ac9cc548844082ead456805d

http://www91.zippyshare.com/v/T8a8Dw57/file.html

Put the a9lh folder on the root of the SD card and use safe a9lh installer by aurora and update.

Last edited by Michierusama, , Reason: add info

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NTR 3.2 works on O3DS, i use it in conjunction with AuRei on 10.7
That's not the point. It's closed source, and it's got a lot less polish than anything else considered a cfw
eg: running another app after the one you ran with a cheat plugin freezes the 3ds. Don't even think you can go back to home menu.
Half the time i cant seem to run homebrew after bootNTR.
It also makes the system slow to respond to the power button.
If a cheat system were implemented in another cfw maybe one could omit the requirement for them to be supplied in compiled C.
Optimally we'd use the same cheat format as gateshark. And either real-time RAM searching or a debugger like NTR's. Dumps on console are a pain.
also, the need to disable online play while using cheats is silly. I'm not going to grief but I've learned to just live with it on PC. There's online cheats on ps3/x360. It really doesn't matter since what, the only competitive game besides pokemon I can think of for 3ds is smash, and you can just not play with the idiots once you realize they're cheating. (and gateshark doesn't disable that)
It was un-necessary, and now instead of working on fleshing out the cheat system anymore he's working on video output.. Which is great and all, but it doesn't give us anything for cheats.

Do you need to cheat? No. But screwing around in a game's memory can make things more personally enjoyable.
I probably sound like an entitled little shit, sorry. I'm just used to cwcheat on psp, dstwo's cheat thing on DS, cheat engine on PC.
Now we've got AR3DS which doesn't work on some games at all, and doesn't work on n3ds.
NTR which uses different codes from ar3ds, and needs compiled C just to freeze a value., doesn't work without a firmlaunch. and on o3ds just freezes on US Hyrule Warriors Legends
Gateshark which costs money, but adds more code support and IIRC actual real-timee search options?
But no one's reverse engineered it, or if they have, nothing has come of it.

So... that's probably why that keeps getting asked. People want Gateshark without paying for gateway, and since cell9's working on other features, people assume any work on the ntr cheat system is a long ways off.

sorry for the lengthy post.

Last edited by BerserkLeon,

jerrmy12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not the point. It's closed source, and it's got a lot less polish than anything else considered a cfw
eg: running another app after the one you ran with a cheat plugin freezes the 3ds. Don't even think you can go back to home menu.
If a cheat system were implemented in another cfw maybe one could omit the requirement for them to be supplied in compiled C.
Optimally we'd use the same cheat format as gateshark. And either real-time RAM searching or a debugger like NTR's. Dumps on console are a pain.
also, the need to disable online play while using cheats is silly. I'm not going to grief but I've learned to just live with it on PC. There's online cheats on ps3/x360. It really doesn't matter since what, the only competitive game besides pokemon I can think of for 3ds is smash, and you can just not play with the idiots once you realize they're cheating.
It was un-necessary, and now instead of working on fleshing out the cheat system anymore he's working on video output.. Which is great and all, but it doesn't give us anything for cheats.

Do you need to cheat? No. But screwing around in a game's memory can make things more personally enjoyable.
I probably sound like an entitled little shit, sorry. I'm just used to cwcheat on psp, dstwo's cheat thing on DS, cheat engine on PC.
Now we've got AR3DS which doesn't work on some games at all, and doesn't work on n3ds.
NTR which uses different codes from ar3ds, and needs compiled C just to freeze a value., doesn't work without a firmlaunch. and on o3ds just freezes on US Hyrule Warriors Legends
Gateshark which costs money, but adds more code support and IIRC actual real-timee search options?

So... that's probably why that keeps getting asked. People want Gateshark without paying for gateway, and since cell9's working on other features, people assume any work on the ntr cheat system is a long ways off.

>cw cheat
Literally why? Use NitePr

Xiexe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also, the need to disable online play while using cheats is silly. I'm not going to grief but I've learned to just live with it on PC. There's online cheats on ps3/x360. It really doesn't matter since what, the only competitive game besides pokemon I can think of for 3ds is smash, and you can just not play with the idiots once you realize they're cheating. (and gateshark doesn't disable that)

Honestly, what I would love to see more than a cheat system implemented into AuRei, is the video streaming feature from NTR's preview builds. I feel like if it was integrated into the system, that would increase it's stability 10 fold, considering the fact that as it stands now, you may be able to get a stable 30 FPS streaming, but if you exit the game, and open another app or game, the 3DS will freeze on the "Nintendo 3DS" screen with the red lines, and the only way out of that is to just shut the DS down. As well as the fact that currently, if you are using the video streaming from NTR and you close your DS, and open it up, it stays in sleep mode.

I just feel like these features should be part of a legit CFW, not something thats run as basically a background process that breaks some things with the system until you do a hard reset. Don't get me wrong though, I do love what NTR has been doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    hey guys
    @SylverReZ must be lurking :)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?