Not open for further replies.

Rudi Rastelli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Aurora Wright

Regarding the "Show current NAND in System Settings" i have an idea for a little bit more logic:
- 1st 3 letters indicates NAND (Sys for SysNAND / Amu for EmuNAND-A / Bmu for EmuNAND-B)
- Last letter indicates used FIRM (S for FIRM of SysNAND / A for FIRM of EmuNAND-A / B for FIRM of EmuNAND-B / C for Custom-FIRM('firmware.bin'))

Examples:
SysS = SysNAND with FIRM of SysNAND
AmuS = EmuNAND-A with FIRM of SysNAND
BmuA = EmuNAND-B with FIRM of EmuNAND-A
SysB = SysNAND with FIRM of EmuNAND-B
BmuC = EmuNAND-B with Custom-FIRM ('firmware.bin')
etc

I'm aware that not all these combinations are possible yet... but for me it looks like AuReiNand isn't far away from this.

Edit:
Another idea is 2 let user configure 3 different boots to her/his liking:
1. Default-Boot (without keypress)
2. 'L'-Key-Boot
3. 'R'-Key-Boot

And in config-menu it could look maybe similar like this:
Code:
Default-Boot: (x)Sys ( )Emu-A ( )Emu-B
   uses FIRM: (x)Sys ( )Emu-A ( )Emu-B ( )Custom
'L'-Key-Boot: ( )Sys (x)Emu-A ( )Emu-B
   uses FIRM: ( )Sys (x)Emu-A ( )Emu-B ( )Custom
'R'-Key-Boot: ( )Sys ( )Emu-A (x)Emu-B
   uses FIRM: ( )Sys ( )Emu-A ( )Emu-B (x)Custom

I know this resticts us a bit, but i'm pretty sure most of us don't need more than 3 possibilities to boot.
And even if... it's pretty easy and fast to enter config-menu to make an edit to one of the 3 settings.
And... maybe another benefit might be, that when user forget after while how (s)he configured it, then (s)he can enter config-menu and have a real quick look.

Regards
Rudi

Last edited by Rudi Rastelli,
Reactions: klear and Matsumot0

jdeath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, DS Flashcards are not working on 5.0 on o3dsXL from emunand. Works fine with 4.2 even without patched firms.

DS flashcards on 5.0 work fine on n3ds. (i always use ntr firm and 9.2 sysnand, 10.7 emunand).

edit:bin file in default location, not using any boot manager.

Last edited by jdeath,

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can someone explain to me in simple terms how to get my DS flashcart & GBA VC games working again in version 5.0 whilst using BootAnim9 (I've read the wiki but that confused me, thus why I'm asking for it to be explained in simple terms)

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain to me in simple terms how to get my DS flashcart & GBA VC games working again in version 5.0 whilst using BootAnim9 (I've read the wiki but that confused me, thus why I'm asking for it to be explained in simple terms)
Use the path changing tool

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Use the pathchanger to patch AuReiNAND's "arm9loaderhax.bin" to where it's stored.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Not to be rude but the wiki explains how to us the patcher and why its needed pretty simply.

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Use the path changing tool

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
Use the pathchanger to patch AuReiNAND's "arm9loaderhax.bin" to where it's stored.
After using the tool they still refuse to boot, could it be due to the fact I still have the TWL & AGB firm files in the aurei folder from previous releases?

mgsfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

After using the tool they still refuse to boot, could it be due to the fact I still have the TWL & AGB firm files in the aurei folder from previous releases?

Make sure it's set to anim/arm9payload.bin as the path. It won't boot if it's /anim/arm9payload.bin

Last edited by mgsfan,

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Here is my idea for a test-based logo that would accompany the blue Luma in the OP.
IMG_1816.JPEG

Reactions: pbanj
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: