Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For people who don't have a9lh but still want to boot sysnand by default for whatever reason.
Oh yeah I forgot about that. I'm so used to a9lh now haha. That sounds like a really bad idea tbh. I'd always stay on emuNAND with a non a9lh system. I guess if you like patches on sysNAND though go right ahead...

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Thank you TuxSH and Aurora:)

From github, new commit;
Added region/language emulation feature, thanks to the hard work of @TuxSH

Create a "locales" folder inside aurei, and one .txt for each game, with the title id of the game. The txt must be exactly 6 bytes long: 3 characters for the region ("JPN", "USA", "EUR", "AUS", "CHN", "KOR", "TWN"), a space, and two for the language ("JP", "EN", "FR", "DE", "IT", "ES", "ZH", "KO", "NL", "PT", "RU", "TW"). You can enable the feature globally in the config menu. This should also make DLCs for foreign games work.
HOLY SHIT THIS IS AWESOME! SERIOUSLY, HOLY SHIT @Aurora Wright and @TuxSH! Just the commit is making me excited!

However... I can't get it to work with Taiko no Tatsujin: Don to Katsu no Jikuu Daibouken. I have the "locales" folder in /aurei/ and a .txt file called "0004000000102F00.txt" with JPN JP in it, but the game hangs at the 3DS logo whenever I try to launch it. I have the option enabled in the AuRei settings menu too, of course. Anybody else experiencing this? I am trying to run the game via a US 10.7 emuNAND.

Last edited by tiduscrying,

Kirino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HOLY SHIT THIS IS AWESOME! SERIOUSLY, HOLY SHIT @Aurora Wright and @TuxSH! Just the commit is making me excited!

However... I can't get it to work with Taiko no Tatsujin: Don to Katsu no Jikuu Daibouken. I have the "locales" folder in /aurei/ and a .txt file called "0004000000102F00.txt" with JPN JP in it, but the game hangs at the 3DS logo whenever I try to launch it. I have the option enabled in the AuRei settings menu too, of course. Anybody else experiencing this?
same i was experiencing it also

Reactions: tiduscrying

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
However... I can't get it to work with Taiko no Tatsujin: Don to Katsu no Jikuu Daibouken. I have the "locales" folder in /aurei/ and a .txt file called "0004000000102F00.txt" with JPN JP in it, but the game hangs at the 3DS logo whenever I try to launch it. I have the option enabled in the AuRei settings menu too, of course. Anybody else experiencing this? I am trying to run the game via a US 10.7 emuNAND.
Just wait for a proper release...

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For people who don't have a9lh but still want to boot sysnand by default for whatever reason.
a9lh detection in ARN has always been automatic though and unrelated to whether you choose to boot sysnand by default or not. the "updated sysnand" flag was always a slight misnomer since all it ever did was determine if you boot emunand or sysnand automatically, regardless of whether you use a9lh or not.

Reactions: pbanj

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
It seems the patch doesn't have perfect compatibility yet.
Out of my games, I've tested it with: Pokémon (works), Kirby (fails), Zelda OoT (works), MK7 (fails), Luigi's Mansion 2 (fails).
Aaah, gotchya. I'll try it with some other games to see if it works with them. Damned fine work so far though. Just the idea is incredible.

Just wait for a proper release...
Nah man, I have to be on the BLEEDING EDGE. LATEST COMMITS MAAAAN.

Reactions: pbanj
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Trans Former, women and men who used to be the other sex! Autoerotic asphyxiation bdsm is fun at...