Status
Not open for further replies.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't it 9.6 firm the last one supported by NTR?

And my question is, which differences are between putting the NTR firmware.bin or the rei firmware.bin? I know that NTR firmware let us lunch the NTR and rei doesn't, so which is the advantage of using rei firmware.bin?

Thank you!
9.6 for the o3DS, 10.2 for the n3DS.

More stability? As of this moment, afaik, 10.2 and 10.4 are very similar, so using 10.2 is probably better.

Surfi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
9.6 for the o3DS, 10.2 for the n3DS.

More stability? As of this moment, afaik, 10.2 and 10.4 are very similar, so using 10.2 is probably better.

Thanks for the aclaration! I own a N3DS so I think that would be better to use the NTR firmware.bin then

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No such thing as better stability, lol.
I include 10.4 FIRMs because I like to have the latest updates, but there's no relevant difference between 10.4 FIRM and 9.6 FIRM. The patches are dynamic and so work on both.
That's why I put a question mark :P Don't really know the difference.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
That's why I put a question mark :P Don't really know the difference.
There might be games in future that require newer firm to work right. None should be out right now the newest games currently still work right on 10.2.
There was some games that do not crypto right if you were on older firms but they should on 9.6+
One semi relevant thing people do is use specifically 10.2 FIRM as it is one that is supported by NTR currently, while 10.4 is not and NTR is pretty cool.

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
Have the same with AuReiNand... but it works for me with Cakes.
I can't find the solution and stayed with updated sysNAND only on AuReiNand.
But u already should have nand's backup so u can roll back if something goes wrong.
Im a little bit worried about using sysNAND cause dont konow what happens if it gets banned.

im case u haven't found the solution, i manage to solve the problem regarding boot into rei emunand.
1. install new emunand9
2. run emunand 9>sd format option>format sd>....for Emunand (legacy)
3. restore emunand

now im able to load with cakes and rei either emunand or updatedsysnand.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Last edited by DjoeN,

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Basically the problem is that you can't replace the SD card's first sector because it contains the MBR (you couldn't *also* have a FAT partition if you did that).
So gateway thought about placing all the sectors except the first where they should be (second SD sector = second NAND sector, etc.) and placing the first NAND sector at the end of the emuNAND (after all the other sectors). Instead, yellows8 and the other private CFW developers decided to just shift the whole NAND image on SD by one sector.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
does that make any difference in speed, comaptibility or stability or is that just a "cosmetic" decision in code?

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
does that make any difference in speed, comaptibility or stability or is that just a "cosmetic" decision in code?
I think there can be a difference in taken space. With the redNAND format, you could cut the NAND image to the effectively used space and it would still work (you could save 600 MB or so on the 1,8GB N3DSes, for example), while the GW format forces you to have a full sized NAND image on SD

JPnintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi! Thanks for the great job!
I am booting Aureinand with sysnand (A9LH) and works great on the las 10.6 update. I need to boot my old emunand (it is a region swaped nand i was using with rxtools for tomodahi life) but I cant... I dumped the emunand.bin and put in Rei/emunand/emunand.bin, then while turning on my 3DS (o3DS XL) and holding L I get blackscreen, neither emunand nor sysnand boot. ¿Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

Reactions: peteruk

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think there can be a difference in taken space. With the redNAND format, you could cut the NAND image to the effectively used space and it would still work (you could save 600 MB or so on the 1,8GB N3DSes, for example), while the GW format forces you to have a full sized NAND image on SD

Any way to dynamic update the NAND ? I guess it isn't possible, since it would require moving the partition constantly, but that would be great...

Also, does anyone know how to migrate from the "legacy" NAND format to RedNAND (without data loss, obviously) ? But MultiEmuNand Tool locks RedNAND option when put n3DS, that's why I guessed it will not work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBFP_T5XHU