Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't get me wrong, i am no fan of rxTools at all, i much preferred original Rei but moved onto Aurora's mod

Example, was 3 releases today, i read all the changes, it doesn't mean I understood the changes because I don't

Something about adding a file to the Rei folder, I don't get what that is all about

I still autoboot into emuNAND, remember that ? lol

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't get me wrong, i am no fan of rxTools at all, i much preferred original Rei but moved onto Aurora's mod

Example, was 3 releases today, i read all the changes, it doesn't mean I understood the changes because I don't

Something about adding a file to the Rei folder, I don't get what that is all about

Yeah, Aurora's on a roll, lol.

Reactions: peteruk

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Just read these changelogs. https://github.com/AuroraWright/AuReiNand/releases

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I really did buddy, again, your very smart, I am average, I don't get it, but it's ok :)
Well, most of the time, if you can't understand it, then it's not for the end-user.
However, for the 3.7.1 changelog: if you have the lastbootcfg flag, AuReiNand will reboot into sysNAND after rebooting from a GBA game, to save the game data.

EDIT: seems like the lastbootcfg flag needs to contain some data to know if it should boot into 9.2 or 9.6+ FIRM

EDIT 2: That file should be written at each boot. So you don't need to create it.

tl;dr: 3.7.1 fixes GBA games saves by rebooting into sysNAND when pressing power/when returning to HOME menu.

Last edited by Mrrraou,

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Mrrraou, you have to power off once you exit back to sysNAND from using GBA on emuNAND before you can return to emuNAND correct? If this is correct, is there a way to create and use an installed cia to turn off the 3DS to save potential cycle stresses on the power button? Seems if we can hook the power off function it would be easier to launch the app than power of via power button. Sorry if this sound dumb/retarded/stupid/idiotic.

Last edited by stl25,

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Mrrraou, you have to power off once you exit back to sysNAND from using GBA on emuNAND before you can return to emuNAND correct? If this is correct, is there a way to create and use an installed cia to turn off the 3DS to save potential cycle stresses on the power button? Seems if we can hook the power off function it would be easier to launch the app than power of via power button. Sorry if this sound dumb/retarded/stupid/idiotic.
I don't understand, sorry. What do you want to do ?
And with AuReiNand 3.7.1+ you can just press HOME and return back to menu.

Reactions: Aurora Wright

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For the 3.7.1 changelog... just attempt to exit System Settings after booting to a non-default option. It will launch the same thing again.
Assume you use L to boot 9.0 emuNAND. Then exit system settings. It will launch 9.0 emuNAND with 9.0 FIRM again.
If you launch a GBA game, on exit (when you press home to exit) it will be forced to boot sysNAND. This is to avoid permanently losing your GBA savegame.

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
For the 3.7.1 changelog... just attempt to exit System Settings after booting to a non-default option. It will launch the same thing again.
Assume you use L to boot 9.0 emuNAND. Then exit system settings. It will launch 9.0 emuNAND with 9.0 FIRM again.
If you launch a GBA game, on exit (when you press home to exit) it will be forced to boot sysNAND. This is to avoid permanently losing your GBA savegame.
I love it.
(did you say that on the group chat?)

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Mrrraou, sorry my question was not explained well. After running GBA on emuNAND, upon exit GBA game AuReiNand reboots to sysNAND to prevent save loss. How do you return to emuNAND? You have to turn off the 3DS correct?
Uh, yeah? Or you could go into HBL_CIA and run AuReiNand from there ?

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, yeah? Or you could go into HBL_CIA and run AuReiNand from there ?

I did that but everytime I launch ReiNand 3.7.2 from sysNAND after using GBA in emuNAND it blackscreens. I use A9LH to boot directly into AuReiNand emuNAND on 10.6. From here I play my GBA game. I save, then exit. AuReiNand redirects me to sysNAND to prevent save loss. So far I follow. Here is where I am stuck. The only was I have been able to return to emuNAND is by completely powering off and then turning on the 3DS. Please feel free to point out what else I am missing.

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did that but everytime I launch ReiNand 3.7.2 from sysNAND after using GBA in emuNAND it blackscreens. I use A9LH to boot directly into AuReiNand emuNAND on 10.6. From here I play my GBA game. I save, then exit. AuReiNand redirects me to sysNAND to prevent save loss. So far I follow. Here is where I am stuck. The only was I have been able to return to emuNAND is by completely powering off and then turning on the 3DS. Please feel free to point out what else I am missing.
I think it's because AuReiNAND reboots into 9.6+ sysNAND after rebooting from GBA games. Any confirmation on this @Aurora Wright ?

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested the file on my A9LH and it does fix the gba save problem and redirects me to sysNAND after quitting. But if I also go to system settings and go out, I get redirected to sysNAND. So this requires turning off my N3ds and on again to get to emuNAND.

This is what I was trying to explain. If a power down/hard reboot is required to return to emuNAND, maybe a cia can be created and installed that powers off the 3ds when launched from sysNAND without having to put all that cycle stress on the power button (once to turn off and once to turn back on). I realize the cycle stress or turning the 3DS on cannot be avoided but if we hook the shutdown/power off function of the 3DS we can save lots of cycle stress on the power button from turning off.

Last edited by stl25,

Tylersilva93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok everything I have is set up and running beautifully with a9lh. One quick question, how do I go about setting up the ntr clock plugin to work with aureinand and for that matter NTR itself. I have no clue, just heard about the ntr plugin and never used ntr

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is what I was trying to explain. If a power down/hard reboot is required to return to emuNAND, maybe a cia can be created and installed that powers off the 3ds when launched from sysNAND without having to put all that cycle stress on the power button (once to turn off and once to turn back on). I realize the cycle stress or turning the 3DS on cannot be avoided but if we hook the shutdown/power off function of the 3DS we can save lots of cycle stress on the power button from turning off.
Nope, to return on emunand, reboot your console (quick reboot cia, or system settings), and press A during the splash of a9hl.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this GBA issue is A9LH side and not CFW side, probably the best fix is to switch to sysNAND to your main NAND. (Unless it can be fixed through A9LH.)

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@AlbertoSONIC quick reboot cia is the best answer for emuNAND users. I know I could always just play GBA only from sysNAND and never have to deal with this. @Omegadrien thanks for pointing out quick reboot cia. Thanks to everyone putting up with my whining.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Aurora Wright, @Mrrraou I just really like to have everything on emunand (GBA VC, SNES VC, DSiware, emulators). This may be fixable later as A9LH is improved and CFW along with it. Do not mistake my whining as me being unappreciative. Not long ago I was using menuhax and waiting like 30+ seconds to boot into emunand. You guys are awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1