Status
Not open for further replies.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, one last thing i dont understand. Most people downgrade but this topic says there's a 10.4 firm support. Lets say my firmware comes with 9.9 or 10.1, I must downgrade?
That means you can run emuNAND (or sysNAND with A9LH) on the latest firmware.

If your 3DS is on 10.4+ you cannot use any CFW, as it needs to be on 9.2.

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't see how writing a one-byte file to the SD can "slow down by seconds". You either have faulty SD cards with very long seek times (can't do anything about that), or it's placebo.
Anyway, 3.7.1 broke using the .dat from a 9.0 NAND booted via A9LH (I know I'm probably the only one who does that for testing reasons, but whatever :D ).
3.7.2 fixes it and clean ups the code a bit. https://github.com/AuroraWright/AuReiNand/releases/tag/v3.7.2

must be something with the seek times... like it is slow the first time it needs to write the patched fw bin to my sd card but then it is fine after. I need to use the patchedfw flag or else the bootcfg stuff slows it down a lot.

Gcentrex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, one last thing i dont understand. Most people downgrade but this topic says there's a 10.4 firm support. Lets say my firmware comes with 9.9 or 10.1, I must downgrade?

What that is referring to is the kernel version that can be used for this CFW, FIRM 10.4 can load firmware 10.6.

The base system firmware still needs to be 9.2 to start the process

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
must be something with the seek times... like it is slow the first time it needs to write the patched fw bin to my sd card but then it is fine after. I need to use the patchedfw flag or else the bootcfg stuff slows it down a lot.
But it has always done that. The only change had been a new bootcfg file which is 1-byte large.

D

Deleted User

Don't personally notice any difference. Probably just people with huge SD cards.

32/64GB cards clock in at 10.5 sec from power button to home menu for me.

Edit: This is booting emuNAND.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I love Aurora's work, but I am finding it harder to keep up with the update's, what they actually do etc...

I will persist, but I am finding it tougher

Geren

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain
I have installed A9LH and aureinand, currently using 9.2 sysnand and 10.6 Emunand. For some reason it seems I never installed a CIA manager on sysnand (I thought with an injected hs.app was enough). Now, I'm trying to inject FBI with Decrypt9 (using the universal inject manager), but it seems like it isn't working since the H&S app never changes into FBI.

The procedure I've used is: Boot into sysnand with FIRM90 (by holding L), launch HBL with OoT/Browser, launch Decrypt9 and go into Sysnand options, Dump hs.app, use inject manager and repeat the other steps to open Decrypt9 and choose the inject option. Does anyone knows why is not working? The process prints a success message, but I'm not even shure if the problem is with AuReinand, A9LH or Decrypt9.

Last edited by Geren,

SSMatt123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.badgerbadgerbadger.com
XP
Country
It became apparent when I tried to set up ctrbootmanager and Decrypt9 that arm9loaderhax can be updated, as they wouldn't boot until I flashed an update onto it.

I don't know if I'm on the latest though, as I essentially just googled "how to update arm9loaderhax" and used the first thing I could find which may or may not be the latest one.

Is there anywhere that keeps up to date the latest version of A9LH that I could bookmark?

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love Aurora's work, but I am finding it harder to keep up with the update's, what they actually do etc...

I agree. RxTools was a lot easier to understand. AuReiNand is a bit more technical. It does what I need it to do though, and I understand that much enough.

Reactions: peteruk
D

Deleted User

Just bookmark the GitHub, all the changes/code pushes are there and explained.

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I agree. RxTools was a lot easier to understand. AuReiNand is a bit more technical. It does what I need it to do though, and I understand that much enough.
I can't understand why is AuReiNand "a bit more technical".
  1. Download AuReiNand
  2. Download firmware packages from the readme.md on the GitHub
  3. Extract AuReiNand
  4. Extract the correct firmware package
  5. Use

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't understand why is AuReiNand "a bit more technical".
  1. Download AuReiNand
  2. Download firmware packages from the readme.md on the GitHub
  3. Extract AuReiNand
  4. Extract the correct firmware package
  5. Use
They probably want to understand how things work or something.

I personally want to learn about it too, I look through the code and changes once in a while, and I always compile rather than downloading it pre-compiled.

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
They probably want to understand how things work or something.

I personally want to learn about it too, I look through the code and changes once and a while, and I always compile rather than downloading it pre-compiled.
rxTools is really a mess to read. Seriously, AuReiNand is really easy to read and to mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8uydsntOyc