Gaming LOZ: A Link Between Worlds

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I grabbed LOZ: ALBW from Argos for just £15.99 yesterday morning. I couldn't sleep so I started playing through. So far I absolutely love it. It feels just like ALTTP - I love that the map and music are the same. The improvements are really fun as well. So far they don't seem to have made unnecessary, gimmicky use of the touch screen, and the 3D feels really nice in this game.

I realise this game has been out for a while and this information isn't really very helpful - I just wanted to share how much I'm enjoying it :)

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think for a lot of us, it tugs at old nostalgia strings, and not necessarily anything new and interesting. I finished the game in 7 hours, albeit I did the least needed to reach the ending. It has a lot of interesting issues that can make or break the game, depending on how you feel about them. Ravio is completely unnecessary as a character and quite annoying actually. The world of LTTP is a dark one, and he brightens to mood to something almost comical and out of place. His shop is another issue. Why make all the weapons available right away? Sure you can pick and choose which dungeon you go to, but why in such a blatant manner? Items could have been side-quests, randomized within dungoens, or found elsewhere. Buying them and losing them if/when you run out of hearts is really gimmicky.

I didn't hate the game that much, I just found myself doing things like saving a lot, and reloading if I happened to die. Trekking all the way back to Ravio is a real pain, and his prices are even worse. I found myself saving and one-shotting dungoens to avoid the same thing. It wasnt so much bad, but weird.

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr. Bortz, you do realize that later in the game you can actually make the choice to purchase (not merely rent) the items so you don't lose them when you die?

D

Deleted-236924

My only problem with the game is that they had all the items available like that for Rupees right from the beginning, and they are super cheap (it can be easy enough not to die, so you can get away with only having the rentals until you can actually buy them.)
Game would have been amazing if they kept the items as treasures from dungeons if you ask me. That being said, it was still really good.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr. Bortz, you do realize that later in the game you can actually make the choice to purchase (not merely rent) the items so you don't lose them when you die?
Yes I do know that, but why, when I could just rent them? The game is easy enough, there is no reason imo to spend the rupees to buy the item.

DDTarZan

Never getting laid again /s
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I do know that, but why, when I could just rent them? The game is easy enough, there is no reason imo to spend the rupees to buy the item.
You can upgrade all the items after you buy them. It may not make a difference really in the game, but I personally loved the upgrades you could get in ALTTP. They way they implement the upgrades in LBW is awesome and simply for fun, 100%, and makes the game easier in certain battles or puzzles.

Reactions: Muffins

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loved how it brought a sense of nonlinearity to the game, myself. And it's not like the dungeons were simply empty. Each one still had its own rare treasure inside, just like in previous installments.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1