Hacking Low level brick with no available fixes

RunningAlot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is my first post, and i need help bad. i've had my wii since 2006, been using the hbc since 08-09, and just got a low level brick (black screen, system menu, preloader or hbc wont load). what I think caused the brick was that i set the hbc to load on startup.

i looked around and found that it might be fixed with a special unbricking disk, the back/rescue menu and a modded GC controller, savemii, or some 15 wire NAND thingy. i have none of this.

is there a way to connect the wii to a computer as a storage device? so i can remove the corrupted data? i dont have $100 to drop for out-of-warranty repairs. any help at all would be great.

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RunningAlot said:
is there a way to connect the wii to a computer as a storage device? so i can remove the corrupted data?
Unless you use an Infectus, good luck.

QUOTE(RunningAlot @ Feb 7 2010, 03:54 PM) so i can remove the corrupted data?
rofl.gif

Even if you had an Infectus, you'd probably make it worse.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Setting HBC to autoboot would not brick your wii.

Did you hold reset and boot, try to enter preloader? Remove all usb devices and sd-card to test

Did you install bootmii as boot2?

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When/if you get into HBC install priiloader.
Preloader tries to load an older version of the Homebrew Channel thus causing your problem.
You can install priiloader on top of preloader without doing anything special.

Edit: That is if you are on 4.1 (or is it 4.0?) or higher.

RunningAlot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If im a little late on this, ive been looking on the web for about 11 days. preloader wont load, and i didnt do bootmii. sending my wii out or buying a new one isnt an option now. can that infectus really help now? im not sure if my system menu is even there anymore. if anyone cares, PLEASE! ANY HELP WILL DO!

Could i edit the bootmii files already on my sd card to boot as if it was installed as boot2?

RunningAlot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatsu said:
RunningAlot said:
is there a way to connect the wii to a computer as a storage device? so i can remove the corrupted data?
Unless you use an Infectus, good luck.

RunningAlot said:
so i can remove the corrupted data?
rofl.gif

Even if you had an Infectus, you'd probably make it worse.

i wrote that because i found out that low level bricks were caused by software corruption.

QUOTE(mauifrog @ Feb 7 2010, 12:00 AM)
Setting HBC to autoboot would not brick your wii.

Did you hold reset and boot, try to enter preloader? Remove all usb devices and sd-card to test

Did you install bootmii as boot2?

I did at one point, and i need to know if even without it installed as boot2, i can edit the .ini file to boot it as if it was. think i just answered my own question, but i need some closure. also need to know if i really need to crack open my wii to fix it, or send it to someone i dont even know to "do it for me".

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
to me it sounds like you screwed your system menu IOS or system menu itself (or on low % even boot2 corruption)

fixes?

- dont be an idiot , this would have saved you in the first place
- if you have (or had, depending if you updated boot2 recently) bootmii as boot2 try and boot that by placing its files on SD and starting the wii and start fixing
- send it to DeadlyFoez to use an infectus to fix your wii. or you could do it yourself and have high % of killing your wii cause you dont know wtf youre doing

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
If all you have done is set HBC to autoboot then there is no way it can have a low level brick. Are you sure there was nothing else you did before the "brick" occurred? You really have not given a lot of information to go on so I am surprised you have even received the amount of feedback you have so far.
Assuming for now that is all you have done - a few questions - what version of HBC are you on (as I recall HBC 1.0.3 caused black screens sometimes on updating), what was the method for setting HBC to autoboot (possible setting issue - have you tried reverting back to previous setting for instance i.e. HBC not autobooting) and which Wii firmware?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-