Hacking Low level birck

masterjoel201

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a low level brick and bootmii, but I have no idea how to fix my wii. I tied a NAND restore with a backup I've used many times before, but nothing changed. I need to know what to do before sending my wii to the N. Also, I have no access to a network, but I do have the homebrew channel.

Izzy

Trophies
XP
Country
So you have BootMii as boot2 or IOS? And what is your low level brick, what happen? Or what does NOT happen?

Izzy

Trophies
XP
Country
Which menu are you not available to load? The System Menu or just starting your Wii?
If you're doing a BootMii Restore and it's complete, something's got to have changed.

masterjoel201

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant even see the healthscreen. I tried the restore multiple times. Nothing changed. Maybe my nand is dead? IDK, I'm just throwing ideas.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
masterjoel201 said:
I cant even see the healthscreen. I tried the restore multiple times. Nothing changed. Maybe my nand is dead? IDK, I'm just throwing ideas.

So if you can get into the bootmii menu at all to try restoring multiple times, I'm assuming you have the boot2 version of bootmii installed which boots up at the start? So you can still get to the bootmii menu, but then nothing comes up when you try loading the system menu from there? Can you load the HBC from the bootmii menu? What did you do to cause the brick in the first place?

masterjoel201

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didnt do anything to cause it, but my wii kinda died multiple times, and I could recover it. Then, when I came back from the beach, it was dead, but I couldnt restore it. Yes, I have HBC.

Posts merged

longtom1 said:
have you not got a copy of your nand saved to PC?? if you have try that
already said it didnt work.

D

Deleted-119707

if you have the new version of boot mii(0.3) and a nand backup from previous versions, it is reported that restoring your nand doesnt work.

do you have the new version?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
masterjoel201 said:
I didnt do anything to cause it, but my wii kinda died multiple times, and I could recover it. Then, when I came back from the beach, it was dead, but I couldnt restore it. Yes, I have HBC.

Posts merged

longtom1 said:

hmm well I guess it's probably some sort of hardware failure then. If you can still get to the HBC, I suppose you could try loading a wad manager and installing the most recent IOS60 wad from NUSD and then the 4.1 system menu wad of your region. If your system menu still doesn't load after that, it's most likely safe to assume it's something physically wrong.

Can you at least still load games and such through the HBC with backup loaders/GeckoOS?

rizapn

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
masterjoel201 said:
So, I have a low level brick and bootmii, but I have no idea how to fix my wii. I tied a NAND restore with a backup I've used many times before, but nothing changed. I need to know what to do before sending my wii to the N. Also, I have no access to a network, but I do have the homebrew channel.

Another user in another posting has reported that the problem of NAND Restore failure was the SD Card format. Try to reformat your SD Card to FAT, copy your nand.bin there, and use it with bootmii/boot2 ...

masterjoel201

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
masterjoel201 said:

Posts merged

longtom1 said:

hmm well I guess it's probably some sort of hardware failure then. If you can still get to the HBC, I suppose you could try loading a wad manager and installing the most recent IOS60 wad from NUSD and then the 4.1 system menu wad of your region. If your system menu still doesn't load after that, it's most likely safe to assume it's something physically wrong.

Can you at least still load games and such through the HBC with backup loaders/GeckoOS?

I can load the games, but they freeze withing about 1-2 minutes and make an annoying, long, beeping noise. Could you PM me links to the WADs?

Posts merged

QUOTE(Lexip; @ Aug 21 2009, 08:55 PM) Your wiimotes working in HBC?
yes

Posts merged

QUOTE(nicky041192 @ Aug 21 2009, 06:42 PM)
if you have the new version of boot mii(0.3) and a nand backup from previous versions, it is reported that restoring your nand doesnt work.

do you have the new version?
I have 0.2, and I've restored backups with it before...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la