L_o_N_e_R

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So i got one of these last week, and im enjoying webOS so far. I had to do a lot of tweaks to make it fast however. It took me a good hour to update, install preware, OC'ed it and put on some patches. Its been running extremely fast since then .
biggrin.gif
got some games on it... and flash works great on it, hell i got machinarium to work on it

i also put on a skinomi skin on it, the back was so damn hard to put it on... I mean i had a zagg skin on my phone, but this thing was harder than what i had to put on my phone >_>

downloaded the sdk on it, as im planning to make my own apps on the thing, i have a game in mind that i want to make (which i've done previously in one of my classes)

so far i have no regrets for it, for 150 this thing is a steal
yay.gif

Now i only need to get the touchstone for it, and maybe get a veer so i can connect it and text and call on it too
biggrin.gif

i remember posting something about the touchpad here... did anyone else managed to get one too?

dudenator

King of the Carts
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got one for pretty cheap, I didn't really like it though. The internet browser isn't the best and the app store is lackluster to say the least. At least Angry Birds is free
smile.gif

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, you can install Android. Do it at your own risk of course, like any other thing where you install a new OS that way that things like that have to. Like always, you risk a brick, and I don't think there is currently a way to recover the Touchpad.

MR_COW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, it's alright, I just really wish I never used an iPad so I didn't know what a smooth/fluid OS was like. The card system of webOS is phenomenal though, it is just so so great and simple. Just even after the OC and patches, the web browser is nothing compared to the iPad.

The Comic Book reader is alright, but once again, not as great as the iPad. This thing just makes me want a real tablet even more.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
MR_COW said:
Eh, it's alright, I just really wish I never used an iPad so I didn't know what a smooth/fluid OS was like. The card system of webOS is phenomenal though, it is just so so great and simple. Just even after the OC and patches, the web browser is nothing compared to the iPad.

The Comic Book reader is alright, but once again, not as great as the iPad. This thing just makes me want a real tablet even more.

Have you overclocked it? I guess it moves a lot better once overclocked.

L_o_N_e_R

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah the card system is fantastic, i have so many cards open

android isnt out yet, touchscreen works, but i think a stable release is still a while away
i heard it has dual boot though... cant wait for that

@nathan, well there is a way to unbrick a touchpad, using webOS doctor, but depending on how android is flashed, it might not work :/

iirc there is another browser in the app store, no idea how it is though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-