Hacking Lost save files from changing my region.

brargh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I changed my region so I could download an update for a Japanese game from the eshop (which didn't even work because it won't let me access the eshop), and now all my saves from downloaded games are gone.
Now I'm wondering if those save files still exist on my SD card, and how I'd be able to restore them.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There are multiple valid ways to change region, with further possible minor variations on them...

Did you somehow only lose access to existing saves or also titles (applications, their updates, dlc, ...)?
Since a digital app and its save (as opposed to extdata) are treated as an unit, the former case would be... rather atypical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I changed my region so I could download an update for a Japanese game from the eshop (which didn't even work because it won't let me access the eshop), and now all my saves from downloaded games are gone.
Now I'm wondering if those save files still exist on my SD card, and how I'd be able to restore them.
Did you use this guide's CTRTransfer to region change the system? If so, your ticket.db was renamed to ticket.bak and swapped in from the borrowed CTRNAND image. Your 3DS doesn't have tickets for SD titles.

Depending what your answer is, do you purchase stuff from Nintendo eShop where you have personal legit tickets?

brargh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Did you use this guide's CTRTransfer to region change the system? If so, your ticket.db was renamed to ticket.bak and swapped in from the borrowed CTRNAND image. Your 3DS doesn't have tickets for SD titles.

Depending what your answer is, do you purchase stuff from Nintendo eShop where you have personal legit tickets?
Yes, that's the one I used. What do I do with the tickets to get my stuff back? I don't think I've never bought anything from the eshop on this system, but I'm pretty sure I've downloaded some updates for games at one point.

edit: Oh what a bummer. Thanks for the help, I'll make sure to make more backups from now on.

Last edited by brargh,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that's the one I used. What do I do with the tickets to get my stuff back? I don't think I've never bought anything from the eshop on this system, but I'm pretty sure I've downloaded some updates for games at one point.

edit: Oh what a bummer. Thanks for the help, I'll make sure to make more backups from now on.
For nonlegit titles, use faketik app to restore or spoof tickets. For legit titles where you purchased them from Nintendo eShop, you can restore with faketik but if you want to keep your personal legit tickets, there's some bit of work renaming ticket.bakticket.db, installing individually dumped (.TIK) system tickets, and using faketik.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi: