Hacking Lost GBA saves (Acekard 2i + EZ 3 in 1)... A known issue?

Skrubber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I was playing Kuru Kuru Kuririn for the GBA this morning (not for the first time), using Akaio on Acekard 2i together with EZ 3 in 1. But when I started it up this evening all my saves were gone and I had to start from scratch. I tried one of my other games aswell: Sonic Advance and the same thing happend, my progess was lost. The strange thing was that I still could find the .sav-files for both those games, in the directory.

So i reinserted the EZ 3 in 1 device and tried a third game. This time: Crash Bandicoot, and when i started the game I luckily found that my progress was intact. Following this I tried many other games none of them had lost their data either. However, my saves in Kururirin and SA were still lost.

This lead me to one conclusion: For some reason EZ 3 in 1 couldn't load the .sav-file when i started up Kururirin and SA and therefore overwrote them with new files (many GBA games tend to make a .sav-file automatically at first start up).

While I could prevent this to happen in the future, by taking backups on the .sav-files every time before i start up a game, this is something that I'd prefere not to do.

Is this a known issue? Should I return the 3 in 1 or just deal with it?
unsure.gif

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were the two saves in question in [rom name].sav format or [rom name].gba.sav format? The latter is what AKAIO uses, and a simple rename might solve your problem.

Skrubber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SylvWolf said:
Were the two saves in question in [rom name].sav format or [rom name].gba.sav format? The latter is what AKAIO uses, and a simple rename might solve your problem.
They were of the type .gba.sav. I played the games at several occasion before the data loss. The only logical reason I can see is that the EZ 3 in 1 Flash for some reason was unable to load the save-files and therefore overwrote them with new save-files.

Am I the only one who has experienced this?

windragon122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you are not. I have the same problem with pokemon emerald. Every time I try to load the game it says the save file is corrupted. I also want to use my sav files from VBA on acekard and I haven't had any luck.

MarcioHP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This problem occurs with any other GBA game?
I had problems with three games:
Zelda Minish Cap = Once the game starts it shows the message that all three slots are corrupted.
Advance Wars = just not safe, not even using the NOR
Sonic advanced = freezing at the time of save.

That's it, sorry if I posted in the wrong place!

dynamitedan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just had this problem with Final Fantasy I after accumilating about 30 or so (as far as I remember) hours of play, so as you might expect I'm not likely to start it again or start other GBA games which rely on game saves. Anyone know of any fix for this problem yet? I'm presuming constant (albeit tedious) backups to my PC's HD is one way of ensuring I can at least return to a recent point.

Oh BTW I also tried looking at the game saves, found the GBA.sav file and made a duplicate file with just the .sav extension, but no luck.

nomercy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I remember a while back I had the same problem but I do not know if BACKUP SAVE AT STARTUP would work I think that what I hade to get mine working

START
EZ 3 in 1
And you should see BACKUP SAVE AT STARTUP ENABLE THAT
and it should work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@