RyanFox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
So here is the information to begin with:

NDSLite - Firmware Version : 5(Magenta)
NDSi - Firmware Version : Ver 1.4.4E

I attempted to update the r4i-SDHC V1.4.3 cart but power went off, this was using the NDSLite.

NDSLite does not recognise this cart now. The NDSi will recognise it but i get error:

"An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer...."

What are my options from here?

I only have 2 flashcarts

R4i-SDHC
R4-SDHC

Hope you can help

Regards

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS Lite doesn't recognize it, meaning in the main menu the cartridge slot shows nothing, and the DSi shows the game icon? Is that correct? You bricked your flashcard, but the DSi being able to see it would mean it's not a typical brick. This sounds a little strange. Let me ask one more question, does your flashcard have a stop/menu screen, before you actually initialize (press "A" button to start) the firmware update? If it does, you will most likely be able to unbrick your flashcard. This is how it works, you load the firmware update on the micro sd card of your working flashcard, and before you actually start the update, you switch the functional flashcard with the bricked flashcard. You can only do this procedure on an original DS or DS Lite.

Wait, is your card from r4i-sdhc.com? If yes, throw the card away, firmware updates are embedded in their kernels. The only option you really have is to buy that exact same card and then you could unbrick it. You need the same card because you need a flashcard that can run the r4i-sdhc.com's kernel, and well, that would have to be a r4i-sdhc.com flashcard. Do you understand?

RyanFox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Correct DSi shows the game icon.
With flashcard in DSi when i initialise I see nothing until the above error pops up on black screen.

If updates are embedded in kernels, will there not be a future update that may work for DSi?

Regards

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct DSi shows the game icon.
With flashcard in DSi when i initialise I see nothing until the above error pops up on black screen.

If updates are embedded in kernels, will there not be a future update that may work for DSi?

Regards
How are you going to run a new kernel though? You must see the problem with that thought, right? I recommend buying a new flashcard, unless you have someone to give the flashcard to, after you fix it with the same type of flashcard. The new flashcard I suggest buying is right HERE. It's $10 dollars well spent.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sh*t yer :/

So skim the card, shame lol
You could ask someone on the forum to fix it for you, but they must own that card, and I'm sure no one will guarantee you it will work. Think about the cost too. Postage both ways starts to add up, so you might as well just buy a new flashcard. Sorry dude, but hopefully you learned something from this situation.

RyanFox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP

You could ask someone on the forum to fix it for you, but they must own that card, and I'm sure no one will guarantee you it will work. Think about the cost too. Postage both ways starts to add up, so you might as well just buy a new flashcard. Sorry dude, but hopefully you learned something from this situation.

What card would you recommend for the DSi? If cost is no option..

Thank you for your help..

Or what about buying the same card and attempting to repair it? then sell one on? ...

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What card would you recommend for the DSi? If cost is no option.. Thank you for your help..
Or what about buying the same card and attempting to repair it? then sell one on? ...
If you look above, I gave you a link to what I suggest. I would get that card, and if you like GameBoy Advance gaming, I suggest buying an 'EZ Flash 3in1' for your DS Lite. It's a great combination! I suggest to all that read this comment, get an EZ Flash 3in1 before they disappear. It's like buying a GameBoy Advance SP for twenty dollars. I can't praise the EZ Flash 3in1 enough.

1) You are welcome for the assistance. :)
2) You wont get more than $3-$4 dollars for a used r4i-sdhc.com, and even at that cost, you'll have to find a buyer. :nayps3:

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country

What card would you recommend for the DSi? If cost is no option..

Thank you for your help..

If cost is no option a dstwo but only if you will use all the features.

Asking me to register not showing me the product :( .. I need a card available for UK Shipping
I have sent you a message

I have helped someone out with a cart issue in less then 24hours before.

http://gbatemp.net/t...39#entry4038039

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Asking me to register not showing me the product :( .. I need a card available for UK Shipping
They are trying to hide flashcards from 'general' browsing, but I suggest registering there. It only takes a minute to register, and by the way, they ship to your Country. Also, don't get sucked into the Supercard DS2 stuff. It's a great card, but trust me, go with what I linked you to. A R4i Gold 3DS, from r4ids.cn, and an EZ Flash 3in1, is better than a Supercard DSTwo, hands down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo