Gaming Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest

Takanato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
LOTR-AQ_DS_Front_RGB_E10boxart_160w.jpg

I was shocked to see a certain romsite that I regularly use to download roms mention that Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest is going to be released this week. I was like wut...how could a LOTR game not be hyped up on herez, so I took up the libertyz of making this topic to start teh hypez! and to let people know about this game thats coming this week along with the other hax, uber, mindblowing, study-stopping and 24/7 gaming nds gamez.

Proof of this game's existence and release date is not only on the rom site but on IGN as well. Yes, Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest is the first Lord of the Rings videogame created specifically for kids and their families with accessible gameplay set in a friendly, colorful rendition of Middle-Earth. Players assume the role of Strider and embark on his greatest quests from The Lord of the Rings trilogy. The game offers authentic, action-oriented sword fighting, lancing and archery that all ages can play together.
Genre: Adventure
Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive
Developer: TT Fusion
Release Date: September 14, 2010
MSRP: $29.99
Also on: PS2, Wii, PSP
ESRB: E10+

Also..this game was said to be at E3...weird..never saw it, anyways judging by the screenshots and videos provided by IGN on their website, the game actually looks decent and brings nostalgia from the GBA versions.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, I read the books, I saw the movies, but the games have mostly been bleh. While they tend to have high production values and pretty graphics, the gameplay usually leaves a lot to be desired.

While I have high hopes the game will be good, and I'll definitely check it out when released, I'm not really all that hyped for the game because I assume it will be of that same mediocre quality most other LOTR games I've played have been.

Hopefully it won't be like LOTR: Conquest where you just went around the map and lumped everything and then it was over. I hope it has more meat to it than that.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only good 2 LOTR games imo was the third movie one and that FFX ripoff.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm kinda ready to check this game out. Folks on GameFAQs have some surprisingly good things to say about it. Not sure if it's mostly the same as the PSP version, but I'm up for another portable hack-n-slash.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the last game I'm interested in this month......surprised it hasn't been dumped yet. Oh well.....it either comes or it doesn't......

Djay187

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been playing the PSP version and I have to say I'd love to see this on the DS. The DS really hasn't got a hack n slash, Diablo-esque type of game, so if they can keep the gameplay the same and somewhere half decent graphics this really could be a winner.
It kinda reminds me of The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers game on the GBA, if anyone can remember that one, I use to love that game.

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
if it's anything like the wii version,I'm gonna like this!
I like the wii version and I've only played it for 30 min lol

the two towers was definetely one of the best GBA games
and all the other LOTR games weren't so bad either!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dysan said:
if it's anything like the wii version,I'm gonna like this!
I like the wii version and I've only played it for 30 min lol

the two towers was definetely one of the best GBA games
and all the other LOTR games weren't so bad either!

According to the IGN review, it's not. The PSP, PS2, and DS versions are all essentially the same game, and the reviewer claimed they were all pretty meh. That doesn't mean I'm not still looking forward to playing the DS version. I ain't expecting greatness, but I like guilty pleasure games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work