Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Takanato, Sep 13, 2010.

Sep 13, 2010
  1. Takanato
    OP

Member Takanato GBAtemp Fan

Jamaica
    [​IMG]

I was shocked to see a certain romsite that I regularly use to download roms mention that Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest is going to be released this week. I was like wut...how could a LOTR game not be hyped up on herez, so I took up the libertyz of making this topic to start teh hypez! and to let people know about this game thats coming this week along with the other hax, uber, mindblowing, study-stopping and 24/7 gaming nds gamez.

Proof of this game's existence and release date is not only on the rom site but on IGN as well. Yes, Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest is the first Lord of the Rings videogame created specifically for kids and their families with accessible gameplay set in a friendly, colorful rendition of Middle-Earth. Players assume the role of Strider and embark on his greatest quests from The Lord of the Rings trilogy. The game offers authentic, action-oriented sword fighting, lancing and archery that all ages can play together.
    Genre: Adventure
    Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive
    Developer: TT Fusion
    Release Date: September 14, 2010
    MSRP: $29.99
    Also on: PS2, Wii, PSP
    ESRB: E10+

Also..this game was said to be at E3...weird..never saw it, anyways judging by the screenshots and videos provided by IGN on their website, the game actually looks decent and brings nostalgia from the GBA versions.

2. basher11

Member basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

United States
    not really a fan of LOTR..

3. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    You know, I read the books, I saw the movies, but the games have mostly been bleh. While they tend to have high production values and pretty graphics, the gameplay usually leaves a lot to be desired.

While I have high hopes the game will be good, and I'll definitely check it out when released, I'm not really all that hyped for the game because I assume it will be of that same mediocre quality most other LOTR games I've played have been.

Hopefully it won't be like LOTR: Conquest where you just went around the map and lumped everything and then it was over. I hope it has more meat to it than that.

4. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    There is only one word to describe how truly awesome this is!

Meh.

5. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    the only good 2 LOTR games imo was the third movie one and that FFX ripoff.

6. sendyo

Member sendyo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This is not the only there are many other games that are actually missing from the release list.

7. Takanato
    OP

Member Takanato GBAtemp Fan

Jamaica
    How is this game still not released...I want to play ittttt [​IMG]

8. CrimzonEyed

Member CrimzonEyed GBAtemp's Assassin

Japan
    what is Lord of the Rings? [​IMG]

9. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Yeah, I'm kinda ready to check this game out. Folks on GameFAQs have some surprisingly good things to say about it. Not sure if it's mostly the same as the PSP version, but I'm up for another portable hack-n-slash.

10. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    This is the last game I'm interested in this month......surprised it hasn't been dumped yet. Oh well.....it either comes or it doesn't......

11. Djay187

Member Djay187 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I've been playing the PSP version and I have to say I'd love to see this on the DS. The DS really hasn't got a hack n slash, Diablo-esque type of game, so if they can keep the gameplay the same and somewhere half decent graphics this really could be a winner.
    It kinda reminds me of The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers game on the GBA, if anyone can remember that one, I use to love that game.

12. dysan

Member dysan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    if it's anything like the wii version,I'm gonna like this!
    I like the wii version and I've only played it for 30 min lol

the two towers was definetely one of the best GBA games
    and all the other LOTR games weren't so bad either!

13. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    According to the IGN review, it's not. The PSP, PS2, and DS versions are all essentially the same game, and the reviewer claimed they were all pretty meh. That doesn't mean I'm not still looking forward to playing the DS version. I ain't expecting greatness, but I like guilty pleasure games.