Looks Like Left 4 Dead 2 Is Coming To Australia!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Vidboy10, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Vidboy10
    OP

Member Vidboy10 Tsardom

Canada
    [​IMG]
    Source

2. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    So is that a good thing? I mean its nothing different from F.E.A.R. or Splinter Cell:Double Agent

3. EnigmaXtreme

Member EnigmaXtreme GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    It dosent reall matter TBH, most will be getting it off Steam anyway and as far as I know that will be the uncut version

4. IzzehO

Member IzzehO GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Yeah but from memory Australian companies can't host the banned content (Eg. Internode) which would suck for me as I get it uncapped from them.

Also this is really starting to piss me off. If something is violent, slap a R18+ sticker on it and tell the kiddies to FUCK OFF and let us grown ups play it. Why must our freedom continue to decrease cause Mothers On Periods (MOPs) can seem to mediate what there little kiddies are playing and decide to bitch at the source instead?

It's funny how ridiculous the Southpark movie seemed when I first saw it. Only to watch it last night and realize how pathetically close it describes what is happening now x.x

EDIT: Also does anyone know how much this is going to be on Steam? AUD or otherwise is fine? I never did buy the first one.. good ole Garena satisfied me for the slim amount of time I had to play. But I did love it as a concept and I'll have a lot more time to kill by December... :x

5. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    We have recieved the game, but at what cost. Many of the features removed are common in most other FPS games. I do not believe that this game is appropriate for persons under the age of 15, and as suchan R18+ classification is needed. I swear that as soon as Michal Atkinson loses his place as Attorney's General, we will gain the classification we really need.

6. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    If they rated it MA15 then odds are they removed and/or censored a lot of the content that made it violent. And yes, it's fucking stupid that they wouldn't just slap the Mature 18+ tag on it and leave the game as it is. Really, if you don't want kids playing games like that at all, don't even let the parents buy the games when the kids are in the store, or just stop making violent games all together.

7. Edgedancer

Australia
    Your right. They removed a bunch of content. The OFLC report states that the Australian-specific version of Left 4 Dead 2 “no longer contains depictions of decapitations, dismemberment, wound detail, or piles of bodies lying about the environment”. Luckly, Valve are still attempting to appeal the decision so that it can be un-edited by a patch distributed later on.

8. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    So... Refresh my memory a bit. Why isn't it just rated 18+? Is 15+ the max rating?

9. Edgedancer

Australia
    It should be 18+ but ours goes directly from 15+ to banned and I man is stopping the change from happening.

10. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    i wonder how much would be censored but here will just pirate the game off

11. 8BitWalugi

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    The censorships include:
    -No decapitation
    -No dismemberment
    -No wound detail
    -Bodies disappear after you kill them

Well, they fucked it up. I hope Valve release a mod which brings it all back.

12. EnigmaXtreme

Member EnigmaXtreme GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Will someone make a mod for Left 4 Dead 2 where it replaces all the Zombies with Michael Atkinson