The Original Left 4 Dead 2 is Now Legal in Australia

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Gahars, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Gahars
    OP

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    [​IMG]

A lot of content was, somewhat infamously, left on the cutting room floor for Left 4 Dead 2's original Australian release. The gore was significantly reduced, bodies disappeared almost instantly, etc., making for an experience that was down underwhelming.

But not to worry, Aussie fans, because you're getting the full version... five years after the fact.

:arrow:PC Gamer

If we want to put on our conspiracy hats for a second here, there's strong cicumstantial evidence suggesting that Valve was working on a new version of Left 4 Dead 2 for its Source 2 engine, whenever that gets released. A move like this might be another hint that the rerelease is on the way. Of course, Valve has yet to really confirm anything on the matter yet, so for now we just have to twiddle our thumbs.

So yeah. Congrats, Australians, you get a five year old game in all its gory glory. On the bright side, though, at least it's fresher than vegemite.

WhiteMaze likes this.
  2. Minox

Minox Spytech Employee

Supervisor
    Aug 27, 2007
    Unfortunately I find it very unlikely that people who bought the game previously in Australia are going to benefit from this. They're most likely going to be stuck with their censored versions unless they ask Steam support to remove their censored copy and then buy and register a new uncensored copy for themself.

3. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Gore DLC? :P

WhiteMaze likes this.
  4. peeboy

peeboy Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2005
    Canada
    LOL maybe they can buy this when they finish playing Zork...

5. SlCKB0Y

SlCKB0Y GBAtemp Regular

Nov 22, 2006
    Sydney
    Sir, next time you post an article, I along with all the other Australians who patronise this forum would thank you for not insulting our cultural delicacies!

:lol:

6. WhiteMaze

WhiteMaze GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 16, 2013
    And here I am, 5 years later, still playing this game on steam.

Because for some reason, this game is one of the funnest online games I've ever played.

Hands down.