Looking to upgrade system menu

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by NANASHI89, Jul 19, 2012.

Jul 19, 2012
  1. NANASHI89
    OP

Member NANASHI89 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    How can I upgrade my system menu without deleting homebrew channel? I want to use action replay.

2. Shano56

Member Shano56 noobie

United States
    Make sure you are on the latest HBC (i think 1.0.7+) and update through the system menu. You will have to re-install any IOSs you may or may not have in slot 249, 222, etc. Also if you are looking for cheats for wii games, you can use gecko os, usb loader gx, cfg usb loader, etc to use ocarina codes. http://geckocodes.org/

3. NANASHI89
    OP

Member NANASHI89 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It started off as 4.1, and after upgrading, it is stil 4.1.

Is there a way to upgrade with homebrew?

4. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    update with modmii

5. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    There is no reason to update to SM 4.3. SM 4.1 was the last SM version to offer something that wasn't just homebrew-prevention. All that matters is that you have the latest IOS/cIOS files installed, and for that you can use ModMii.

If you some reason you still want to update to SM 4.3, even though it is not recommended, make sure you have the latest version of the Homebrew Channel, make sure your Wii is connected to the internet, and update using a normal online update. If that does not update you to SM 4.3, then you might not be connected to the internet or something like Priiloader might be blocking the updates. If you do successfully update to SM 4.3, you might have to use ModMii to reinstall some cIOS files, bootmii, etc. that might be overwritten during an official update.

You can also use ModMii to update to SM 4.3, but as I already said, the System Menu really doesn't do very much, and there's no reason to update to anything higher than SM 4.1.