OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here is what I require:

Must be capable of running Hackintosh
Must be dual core
Good motherboard that won't have to be upgraded for a couple of years but won't cost an arm and a leg, must have Nvidia chipset support
Graphics card capable of running Crysis at medium settings
Case that isn't too big.
Monitor

Hard drive is covered, I have an ATI RX600 PCIe graphics card if I wind up stretching my budget of 600 CAD so at least I will be able to play WoW on it. I know Asus makes the best motherboards but I don't know what to look for, I was thinking of getting an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0 Ghz because it seems like the best bang for my buck compared to other dual core CPU's. Not sure about the RAM though, I am looking for a pair of 2GB RAM sticks for 4GB's so that way I can just add 4 more later on. There are a lot of brands out there but I know Crucial and Corsair are two of the best, I want something that will be good for overclocking as well.

stormwolf18

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The E8400 is an excellent choice. Quad cores arent really useful yet.

Get mobo with P35 chipset, such as the MSI P35 Neo-F

Heres a really good deal on ram : http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?d...cid=RAM.346.307

case and monitor, well its up to you. A geforce 8800GT should be more then enough for your need, unless you can afford the new ati 4870 or something but i would wait. Your psu should be at least 300watts.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
stormwolf18 said:
The E8400 is an excellent choice. Quad cores arent really useful yet.

Get mobo with P35 chipset, such as the MSI P35 Neo-F

Heres a really good deal on ram : http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?d...cid=RAM.346.307

case and monitor, well its up to you. A geforce 8800GT should be more then enough for your need, unless you can afford the new ati 4870 or something but i would wait. Your psu should be at least 300watts.
I was thinking about the 8800GT if I can get one for a good price, dunno what a good gaming monitor is but nothing bigger then 19 inches would be fine. A case that cools well is important, so I was thinking an aluminum one.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know all about Hackintosh, but I want to know what are good parts that will be compatible with it.

I already have a 200 GB Maxtor internal hard drive, need a sound card, video card, RAM and motherboard. I am not worried about Windows hardware compatibility, but more about running OSX on a non Apple machine. I don't really want to spend more then 700 dollars on a build.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-