OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for new music... but I'm picky. So here come the nested lists!
  • [*]Likes
    • Melody. A song needs a melody. The same five notes repeating through the entire song is not a melody.
    • Multiple melodies. Baroque? *drool*
    • Witty lyrics.
    • Upbeat stuff.
    • Silly stuff sometimes.
    [*]Dislikes
    • Most standard lyrics. Most of what I listen to is instrumental because I don't like most human voices, and most of the lyrics are the same shit over and over.
    • Heartbreak songs.
    • Standard love songs.
  • Examples Of Groups I Enjoy And Why
    • Animal Collective
      Lots of metaphors in the lyrics and they certainly don't make songs the same way as others. The music's a little off, but it goes well with their general approach.
    • Electric Light Orchestra
      Their lyrics are often not love songs, and when they are they have a big twist on them (like "Yours Truly, 2095").
    • Incubus
      While he certainly makes a lot of love songs and loves to hear his own voice, he's made a ton of other songs.
    • Overclocked Remix
      I'm a nerd, and a lot of what's submitted there appeals to me. XD Lots of instrumentals, and while the first thing many people think of is techno mixes, that's not the majority of the stuff on there. Take Castle Crescendo as an example.
    • Royksopp
      When they do love songs it's non-standard (sometimes to the point where it's arguable if it's a love song or not), and I like their music. Happy Up Here is a good example.
    • Soul Coughing
      Back when you could just sing about shit you wanted to.
      frown.gif

• They Might Be Giants
      Yes, I like a lot of silly upbeat stuff.

D

Deleted User

You may like early Devo (or their synthpop stuff too, which I dont like much).

Devo - Space Junk (for some this video has 3 songs)

Give Television a try too (especially Marquee Moon). There's no love songs and they have two lead guitarists. The lyrics are quite interesting too.

You furry bastard
mellow.gif

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mumford and Sons. Their songs like Little Lion Man are fantastic.

As long as you don't think referencing love or a female in a song = a love song, you should like this band. I mainly just love how well they make the instruments work together and their harmonies and vocals in general are fantastic.

Blink-182.

Some silly shit, some...I guess you could call it kinda serious. Their music is great though, one of my favorite bands. My only complaint; the lead singer in most songs is a bit whiny/nasaly sounding. The drummer is incredible though in the later albums (Travis Barker) making for some pretty awesome drum beats.

That is all I can think of out of my list of music right now that really seems to fit the standards provided.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nathan Drake said:
Mumford and Sons. Their songs like Little Lion Man are fantastic.

As long as you don't think referencing love or a female in a song = a love song, you should like this band. I mainly just love how well they make the instruments work together and their harmonies and vocals in general are fantastic.

Blink-182.

Some silly shit, some...I guess you could call it kinda serious. Their music is great though, one of my favorite bands. My only complaint; the lead singer in most songs is a bit whiny/nasaly sounding. The drummer is incredible though in the later albums (Travis Barker) making for some pretty awesome drum beats.

That is all I can think of out of my list of music right now that really seems to fit the standards provided.

You want to avoid their self titled album though. As that's all about love.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i listen to a bunch of instrumental music.

^this ones knda upbeat to me, also not the full song

let me know what you think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: 4th wife