Hacking looking for GBA emulator blue-red card/ninjax/rxtools

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this has probably been asked or I may have asked it at some point without a direct answer, can I play GBA games on the blue cart, and if so do I need to run an emulator first or what? or will that not even work? I dont expect it to or anything, just looking for some insight or possibly something that may run off of ninjhax/rxtools or the gateway red card. anything really. anyways thanks in advance.

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Yeah, dude. Why would you even bother with emulators when the 3DS has hardware support for GBA/DS/DSi? It has a CPU dedicated to GBA, which emulators won't be able to use without some kind of bootrom hack (the 3DS reboots when switching OS'es). And that would be the day. As long as the 3DS has been on the marked there never was any (publicly released) bootrom hack.

Even DSTWO (considered to be one of the "better" NDS flashcarts) has framerate drops and slowdowns for GBA games, and that comes with its own (power-hungry) CPU.

The only drawback is that you need to install GBA VC-injected ROMs to sysNAND, from what I've read. So no full "A-Z" collections.

Reactions: blinkzane

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.livescience.com/59831-cotton-candy-grapes.html#:~:text=To%20make%20the%20Cotton%20Can...