Gaming Looking for game recommendations

Monkeydunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Everyone,

I'm about to complete (I think) Summon Night:Twin age. I've really enjoyed it and I'm looking for similar games to play.

Or failing that games in a Baulders gate (GBA version)/Diablo style, basically point and click? dungeon crawlers.

The only one that readily springs to mind for the DS is Children of Mana, which I also enjoyed. So If anyone has any suggestions I'd be glad to hear them.

Thanks in advance

Monkeydunk.

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the guy is asking for a very specific kind of game and seems to have knowledge of main available.
Hes looking for more info on a specific not just generic list which tells you nothing about the games.

The list is good for getting a bundle to try but not for finding specifics.

MyauChanDesu

Kamineko is GOD.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jabjab said:
the guy is asking for a very specific kind of game and seems to have knowledge of main available.
Hes looking for more info on a specific not just generic list which tells you nothing about the games.

The list is good for getting a bundle to try but not for finding specifics.

but...

oookay~

Izuna: Legend of Unemployed Ninja

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness

Etrian Odyssey I & II

Mystery Dungeon: Shiren The Wanderer

Rondo of Swords

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Izuna, Shiren, Pokemon, those are roguelikes.
If you want a real dungeon crawler, legally obtain Orcs and Elves.

Monkeydunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Many thanks for the suggestions,

I am indeed looking for specific game recommendations. I looked at the under rated and essentials threads, but couldn't find anyhing that matched my criteria.

As far as the games that have been listed so far;

Izuna: Legend of Unemployed Ninja
- I'm not really in a mood for a rogue style game at the moment but I will probably give that a look next if I can't find a game more in keeping with the style I'm looking for.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness
- Sorry but pokemon has never done anything for me.

Etrian Odyssey I & II I enjoyed the first one, but again II isn't really what I'm looking for right now.

Mystery Dungeon: Shiren The Wanderer
- An excellent game well worth the patience (and a little luck!) it takes to complete it.

Rondo of Swords - I couldn't get into that. I struggled with the later levels of the tutorial and figured it wasn't for me. =/

Orcs and Elves - Another good game. It reminded me a lot of Eye of the beholder from the Amiga. Shamefully I have to admit to not buying it though.

Oh and I think Dungeon Explorer: Warrior of Ancient Arts may be what I'm after it is getting piss poor reviews, but is the kind of game I had in mind.

Thank you all for taking the time read and reply to my opening post.

Monkeydunk.

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
Yeah Dungeon Explorer is an ARPG but it's a crappy one at that, the graphics are horrible and multiplayer is so bland but it's actually not so bad once you get past the graphics and the clunky controls, still wouldn't be my first choice.

Why don't you try Soma Bringer? It's an excellent ARPG and with the translation patch (go to the translation forum) it's completely playable.

AntonYW

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
Monkeydunk said:
Etrian Odyssey I & II I enjoyed the first one, but again II isn't really what I'm looking for right now.

Yeah, Etrian Odissey is a really good rpg, especially for dungeon crawler genre, but why you are not try Etrian Odissey II?
happy.gif

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Soma Bringer is pretty much exactly what you are looking for... If you enjoyed Children of Mana, this one will be perfect. Get the trans patch, makes everything playable. Honestly until the end of the 3rd act, you would think you were playing a US game, after that the story cuts out, but mission objectives, enemy and places are all still in english.

I too have been looking for a new game like that (except I don't want turn-based combat), I hear Scurge Hive is good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf