Hacking Looking for any version of U-Disk Manager for G6 Flash 3rd Gen 2G Cartridge

Redstoneglowstone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi - I'm desperately trying to find the software that went with this old G6 Flash cartridge that I own. I can drag and drop .GBA games to the disk space of the cartridge and load the game through the file browser but I can't load games into the Game Flash space without the software (I don't think). This means that my saved games over-ride each other and there is no way to backup the save game. The software I'm looking for is discussed here:

<<snip>> It won't let me insert a hyperlink since my account is new and spam protection...

I tried to reach out to them but have gotten no response. Is there an alternative software that might work or a way to go about setting up the file structure so that the save games are done correctly?

Thank you for your help. The software is called "G6 U-Disk Manager" and I've exhausted my Google-Fu. All I can ever find are other people asking for it since about 2012.

Last edited by Redstoneglowstone,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can break up links http : // www . somesite . tld /blah or put it on pastebin and say pastebin and whatever the unique code is. If I or another passing mod is around they will be able to edit it into the post as well.

Anyway http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ under G6 lite seems to have something.

Also some on the download section here https://gbatemp.net/download/categories/m3-itouchds-g6-series.1532/?page=2 but might not be the latest versions.

I appear to have largely forgotten what little I knew of the GBA slot G6 line (never had one, never played with one, did not do enough for me to care to follow it and was without external memory which made it even worse for what I cared about), though most things would not have been drag and drop back then (that was only a couple of years back for anything standalone).
For GBA stuff whether you could use something like GBATA (or one of the newer batch GBA patchers aimed at the EZFlash lines of flash carts) I don't know or don't know what you would have to do as far as naming saves*. We did not see much development on the GBA side of things past about the time the final save type happened (EEPROM v126, technically appeared in October 2005 but most only first noticed it when it bothered a Harry Potter game a few weeks later in November of that year) which is way before most of those programs happened.

*main methods are they use the name of the ROM, or they use the ROM's serial number (or a selection of it).

Reactions: Redstoneglowstone

Redstoneglowstone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for the link and the background! Yeah, things were not working right with "drag and drop" and the software is really necessary to setup the save files correctly and patch the .gba rom files with the real time save support. Really a cool little device and the software is so nice! Do you know of anyway to automatically boot the Game function? The GameCube is making a bit of a come back as a retro system and the gameboy player + one of these flash cards is becoming desirable by folks like me who want to play games on Nintendo hardware. Thanks again!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does that mean GC games are going to be even harder to find/more expensive? It was bad enough when people "discovered" it when the Wii had no games. Granted I was watching that video of the microwaved GC games the other day and the prices he was mentioning were rather higher than I last saw (which has been a few years).

GBA-GC is an odd one. Most things just want a GBA present rather than a game. Those that do want games might not work with autoboot depending upon what they do, even more so if they want saves and they are expecting a given save protocol (which is what the patchers change) to work. Saves are mostly just pokemon and sonic adventure (for chao garden minigame) though.
If the game links instead of booting from then you can probably do that, however that would still not solve the save issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.