Looking for an SD card that will definitely work with BootMii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by raptir, Mar 27, 2010.

1. raptir
    OP

Member raptir GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Basically, I'd like to use BootMii's auto-boot to HBC functionality. I used to use Preloader, but I found that the longer boot-time was a little irritating. Plus, you couldn't operate the Preloader menu with the Rock Band instruments (or even the Wii Remote when plugged into a Rock Band instrument), so it was a little annoying when I went through spurts of playing nothing but Rock Band.

Now, my idea was to use BootMii's autoboot functionality. My 2GB SD card that I use for Rock Band DLC would just boot to the system menu, and my other SD card that I use for homebrew would boot to the HBC. However, I found that my other SD card (4GB Kingston SDHC) does not work with BootMii. It's on the compatibility list (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/BootMii/SD_Card_Compatibility_List) but it doesn't work.

Can anyone recommend a good card that they know works (Not just from the compatibility list, since I don't really trust that now) in the 4-8GB range? Thanks.

2. ecw

Member ecw GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I use PNY SD + SDHC cards. You can get them at Walmart. They have worked with every Wii I have modded. They are BootMii friendly. Hope that helps. [​IMG]

3. fairlyevenparents

Member fairlyevenparents GBAtemp Fan

United States
    A PNY optima will work i think, its been confirmed in the wiki on gbatemp 4 times

4. harmor

Member harmor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have a SanDisk 8gb SDHC and BootMii works on it.