Looking for an SD card that will definitely work with BootMii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by raptir, Mar 27, 2010.

1. raptir
    OP

raptir GBAtemp Regular

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    Basically, I'd like to use BootMii's auto-boot to HBC functionality. I used to use Preloader, but I found that the longer boot-time was a little irritating. Plus, you couldn't operate the Preloader menu with the Rock Band instruments (or even the Wii Remote when plugged into a Rock Band instrument), so it was a little annoying when I went through spurts of playing nothing but Rock Band.

Now, my idea was to use BootMii's autoboot functionality. My 2GB SD card that I use for Rock Band DLC would just boot to the system menu, and my other SD card that I use for homebrew would boot to the HBC. However, I found that my other SD card (4GB Kingston SDHC) does not work with BootMii. It's on the compatibility list (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/BootMii/SD_Card_Compatibility_List) but it doesn't work.

Can anyone recommend a good card that they know works (Not just from the compatibility list, since I don't really trust that now) in the 4-8GB range? Thanks.

2. ecw

ecw GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2009
    United States
    I use PNY SD + SDHC cards. You can get them at Walmart. They have worked with every Wii I have modded. They are BootMii friendly. Hope that helps. [​IMG]

3. fairlyevenparents

fairlyevenparents GBAtemp Fan

Sep 21, 2009
    United States
    united states
    A PNY optima will work i think, its been confirmed in the wiki on gbatemp 4 times

4. harmor

harmor GBAtemp Fan

Jan 8, 2010
    United States
    I have a SanDisk 8gb SDHC and BootMii works on it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice