Hardware Looking for a new modchip - Which one, and where to buy?

commissar7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

I'm sick and tired of my old wiikey, because it is no longer supported with updates. I'm looking for a nice, new solderless modchip - the Wasabi DX caught my eye, but I want to see what you all have to say about that. I kind of like the idea of a ribbon cable modchip.

Also, where is the best place to get one? I see a bunch of stores out there: modchipcentral, modjunkiez, 4coolday, etc. Where should I buy from for a quick, hassle-free transaction with good shipping? I'm a little lost, and there really doesn't seem to be too much info out there.

Thanks in advance!

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a wasabi zero, i love it. havent had any trouble at all with it. its out of production now though. wasabi dx is good, and you would also be able to turn it into a zero (to get disc speed of 6x, instead of 3x) if you wanted to as well.

wasabi modchips are solid, they have great build quality.

commissar7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ColdAshes said:
Don't be a noob soft modding is free and easy as long as you can follow directions.
It's not me so much... I have friends and family that use the wii that wouldn't be able to deal with using softmod menus.
I also don't want to be paranoid about anyone updating the wii and rendering any modification useless, therefore a hardmod would be nicer in my case.

jqwest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the wiikey just had a 1.99 beta update....why would you want to waste time and switch...The wiikey is still supported and if it works why change it>>>>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://youtu.be/QNY4DFhf6xM?feature=shared&t=90