longest game you have ever kept.

  • Thread starter Thread starter DJPlace
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 4,934
  • Replies Replies 61
I've never traded stuff in, the oldest game I have is Treasure Island Dizzy for the Atari ST. Not really sure why I've kept it, I don't even have anything it'll run on :lol: (assuming the disc's contents survived this long)
 
When my original gameboy broke, I traded all my games to friends & school mates (can't even remember what for). Except one: partially because of nostalgia, mostly because nobody wanted it:

Kirby's pinball land.

It's possible I still have that cartridge (though I have nothing to play it with), but I'm not sure. If not, then my oldest game is either Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (on floppy disks!) or command & conquer (the very first game).
 
My oldest game?

Probably Kirby's Dreamland for the original Gameboy.

First game I've ever beat. Best game ever.

(I'm not counting the copy of Tetris for the GB - because my original copy got stolen, and I ended up getting a replacement copy from my mom's insurance.)
 
I personally think trading in/selling games are for the lame. I have games in my physical collection dating back to the 80's. And whether they sucked or not, I kept them.

Bunch of lamers in this thread... ;)

EDIT: You lamers, don't get your panties in a wad. I'm only kidding.

(actually, I'm not, I think you guys suck)
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 person
I think I have Harry Potter and the Philospher's Stone for GBC the longest. Really fun game actually.
It would have been Pokémon Blue but I lost that one.

I actually trade a lot of my games, especially those for Wii and DS.
Don't have the money to afford all those games.
 
I think my oldest game is a Game&Watch for two players (Boxing game, still working).
do you want to sell, i'd buy for any price
No, sorry :(
I already have regrets to have been forced to sell my NES when I was young to someone who certainly destroyed it in less than a month (my cousins :sad: ). I wished I had kept all my consoles, I'm nostalgic and a collector.
 
Ehm Super Mario World for the Gameboy Advance. ^^

One of my last games I own as ex-gamer. It is still one of the best and most deep games I ever played.
 
The oldest game I own is either Bart's Nightmare or Terminator 2: The Arcade Game for the Super Nintendo. Got them back in 1993 and to my knowledge, they still work to this day.
 
I think I have Harry Potter and the Philospher's Stone for GBC the longest. Really fun game actually.
It would have been Pokémon Blue but I lost that one.

I actually trade a lot of my games, especially those for Wii and DS.
Don't have the money to afford all those games.
Hey, I have that game as well. It was one of my first GBC games, probably only second to Top Gun: Firestorm. I think it was my first ever RPG and possibly the first game I finished.
The only game I ever traded was Medabots RPG Rokusho Version, I think. I traded it with some dude I met when we were on a holiday. I got The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap in return, so it wasn't a bad deal, but still... I liked that game. I'm not sure how long I had it before I traded it, but it must've been a pretty long time.
 
Over the years I've always bought consoles late. (case in point, my first 360 was bought last year)
And back when I was young (yes, I was young once) there was nowhere apart from pawn shops to trade in games.
And then the games weren't worth much since they were "old" by the time I played them.
So I've still got most of the games I ever owned and liked, including thirty titles for the Atari 2600.
The oldest would be Combat which came with the console.
 
I don't think I've ever sold or traded any of my games. That said, the game I've had the longest is... sigh.

Frogger: He's Back!
 
I've only ever traded or sold 3 games. Otherwise I still have everything dating back to the 2600.

Edit so thinking about it, I guess 29 years. We had pong too, but I think the batteries corroded when I dug it out one day and dad tossed it. Not sure though.
 

Site & Scene News