Hacking Longer/Unlimited Video recording payload?

shinyrocara98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey i wonder If it will be possible to make a payload or something like that to record Unlimited or even longer Videos than the locked 30sec official limit ?
Is somebody there who is able to so that, or do we have to wait til atmosphere ist released.

Gesendet von meinem TA-1053 mit Tapatalk

Craftyawesome

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would likely be easy to let the switch attempt to record more than 30 seconds, assuming it isn't hardcoded everywhere. However if the switch only allocates a small amount of storage for the currently recording file it might be problematic. If it can get as big as it needs it should work.

But you still do need to wait for atmosphere or at least some build that let's you launch games and payloads in the same boot.

shinyrocara98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It would likely be easy to let the switch attempt to record more than 30 seconds, assuming it isn't hardcoded everywhere. However if the switch only allocates a small amount of storage for the currently recording file it might be problematic. If it can get as big as it needs it should work.

But you still do need to wait for atmosphere or at least some build that let's you launch games and payloads in the same boot.
Yeah right i forgot that u can't Play games while a payload is active.

Kise_Ryota

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
60fps would also be cool. We know that the TX1 can record 1080p@60fps. But I have no idea if would be possible to change this too.

Craftyawesome

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
60fps would also be cool. We know that the TX1 can record 1080p@60fps. But I have no idea if would be possible to change this too.
Assuming everything isn't hardcoded it should be feasible to change it. We might run into the possible space allocation issue I mentioned earlier.

The problem is that it would be more intensive than the 720p-not-quite-always 30. I can't imagine anything other than 2d games and homebrew reaching it while recording. We would have to make the recording higher priority and would likely lower the game's resolution to 720p or below anyway. Maybe 1080p30 or 720p60 would keep the in-game resolution acceptable.

I want to see 1080p screenshots. As long as this is separate from video resolution this would likely be easy.

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Assuming everything isn't hardcoded it should be feasible to change it. We might run into the possible space allocation issue I mentioned earlier.

The problem is that it would be more intensive than the 720p-not-quite-always 30. I can't imagine anything other than 2d games and homebrew reaching it while recording. We would have to make the recording higher priority and would likely lower the game's resolution to 720p or below anyway. Maybe 1080p30 or 720p60 would keep the in-game resolution acceptable.

I want to see 1080p screenshots. As long as this is separate from video resolution this would likely be easy.
I don’t care if screenshots are 720p or 1080p as long as they are not .jpg

Reactions: ShonenJump

SjorsMaster

Ayy
Trophies
Website
www.sjors.eu
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey i wonder If it will be possible to make a payload or something like that to record Unlimited or even longer Videos than the locked 30sec official limit ?
Is somebody there who is able to so that, or do we have to wait til atmosphere ist released.

It's called a capture card, lol.
Honestly I'd reccommend getting one in case you really want to record longer stuff, better quality, better framerate.
2nd hand they hang around 40 to 60 euros.

Reactions: whateverg1012

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've been wanting this since the video capture feature was first announced. The system is already recording everything, but only keeps the last 30 seconds and doesn't save anything until the button is pressed.
So it shouldn't put any additional strain on the system, as long as your MicroSD is fast enough so it's not affecting the loading speed of the game (if the game is on the MicroSD) and possibly causing stuttering when the game is loading data.
It would require editing the system module that handles the recording, or writing a replacement for it, one where recording can be toggled on and off (and maybe change the current 30 second thing to a long press so that's still usable)
People have already been writing replacement modules for certain parts of the Switch OS, so I feel like this is bound to happen sooner or later.
Also, with the Switch's decent wifi speeds, streaming the live feed to a PC with low latency and good quality should be possible. NTR-CFW on 3DS did a very good job at that despite the 3DS having awful wifi speeds, but was just a bit too lacking to have decent FPS on both screens, and having the upper screen at 25+ FPS and the bottom screen at only 4 FPS looks rather bad, the Switch should be able to do it perfectly though.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ StealthD0g99: Ive never done that before