Hacking Long story, but I'm looking for a few things.

swimmeringer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, a few days ago I had a party, smash bros, blah blah blah.

Someone left my Wii "on," and accidently threw a blanket over my wii, which happened to be on the floor at that time (to get GC controllers to reach, I know it was an accident, whatever). ANYWAYS when I found it, the wii was super hot. I instinctively unplugged the power cord from the back of the wii after turning the wii off and putting it up on the stand to cool down.

A few days later:

Turn on the wii, "Press 'A' to continue..."

*press A*

It freezes. I panic for a few days, look into small solutions, when I find out that there's a "maintenance mode" for the wii (pressing + and - on the wii while pressing A to continue). That got me into the home screen. I can play games, everything normal.

I don't want this to happen again.

What do I install or modify to make it boot without maintenance mode? Is there some system file corrupted? (Been away from the scene for awhile)
I do have the homebrew channel, have installed the USB Loader (incl. all the IOS's that are req. to make it work), and back in the old days of Wii hacking installed Starfall and maybe some other stuff (it's been awhile...)

So, first question: How do I fix my Wii?

My friend has something installed on his wii, of which he doesn't remember the name. As soon as you boot the wii, you are presented with 3 icons (before "press 'A' to continue), and all i can remember is that the left one boots the wii menu. You have to press "reset" or something to select or move the cursor. It looks pretty helpful, but I'm out of the loop so who knows.

Last question: What is this called, and do I want it?

Thank you in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw